these kids are driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by zoebaby, Jan 10, 2008.

1. zoebaby

zoebaby Well-Known Member

i am a single mother with a 13 year old who is moody, mad, angry, hates the world, hates me, hates everything and everyone. some days of my life are happy ones, but it seems far and few inbetween, hes never happy he never wants to talk, if i try to get him to talk he gets mad, if i ask him a question he gets mad, when he wakes up, he is mad, he is mad when he gets home from school, if i ask him if he is hungry, he gets mad. i have been told that he might need medication, but if i ask him to go to the doctor to talk about it, he gets mad. i think maybe he needs meds but he says that only losers take medication, so i guess i am a loser. he was fine until he turned 12, now my life is crazy half of the time, i wish he could just be happy and i dont understand where he gets this because i am a happy person. we are both about 20 to 30 pounds overweight but i cant get him to exercise at all, forget it that is out of the question, i love to walk and exercise and i cant get him to even try. i go to the river where there is a long walkway for people and he just sits in the car sulking while i walk alone, he wont go to the mall because he does not like to walk, am i going to have to stay fat until he leaves when hes 18? some of this is my fault because i should just go alone, but when i come home from work i dont want to leave him here all by himself and i dont have family nearby to help supervise him. i used to exercise all the time, i dont know, maybe it is because i am depressed, i dont know.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You just described my 14 year old daughter. And this transformation happened over about a 6 month period. From a girl that found pleasure in the smallest of things to the raging teen that hates EVERYTHING!!! She won't talk, listen or do anything but bitch and complain. I've tried everything and just hope that it is a part of teen years and that things will gradually get better. All you can do is make sure that your son knows that you will always be there and that he has hung on to the ethics and morals you have taught him. Bad age, they aren't little kids anymore, part of them wants to be , they want to be treated like adults but are far from it. Looks like we're on the same rollercoaster ride. Don't know about you, but it sure would be nice to get off!! I have a 16 year old that has come out of it and has turned into quite a wonderful young man. There is hope! Pm if ya ever need to vent or looking for advice.

3. zoebaby

hi, i guess im looking for people who can relate to me, im usually a happy person but when he starts in i feel so alone, i dont have any friends who have teenagers, and i think you have to have been through it to understand, my son used to be so happy too, its like he turned twelve and i dont know what happened !!

4. zoebaby

thanks, i gotta go to work but im so happy someone can relate.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds like the wonderful world of adolescence where their bodies and minds are trying to come to terms with the sudden hormonal upheaval.
    I got thru my sons's transition from child to young man by remembering my own teenager years, it really helps when they are being the absolute pits and you suddenly get this horrible memory of yourself doing the exact same thing. :smile:

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

So true Terry. And I still remember my mom saying " I hope you have 2 just like you were!" I always thought I was a pretty good kid....until now!!:eek:hmy: