They are not really listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpetals33

I thought I would share these emails between me and a therapist who I contacted via email to see if he was taking new patients. After me telling him, it is NOT working out with my previous clinician, he ENCOURAGES me to go back ASSUMING I am therapist hopping.......FRICKIN STUPID. They always assume the "mental" patient is overreacting.......

MY INITIAL EMAIL
>
>
> This email was sent by:
>
><Mod Edit, Acy - personal information>
>
> This person saw your profile in Psychology Today's Therapy Directory.
>
> Hello,
> I was just released from Telecare Pierce E&T (mental health ward) in
> which I was detained by the county from a local ER this past Wed. I
> am not on meds and refuse. I am 34 y/o and desperately looking for
> someone to help me. I am very angry, suicidal and
> repressed/depressed. I am walking a fine line and seems noone can
> help me.

HIS REPLY:

Hello,

I do have a few openings, depending on what time of day you can come in. However, i didn't hear that you have health insurance. If you have no insurance, it is preferable to seek out a master's level provider--they are usually just as good and charge much less. Also, you can call the crisis line--they may have options for you. But if you have insurance, let me know what it is. thanks for writing, Dr. Keith

> <Mod Edit, Acy - personal information>

MY EMAIL:

Reply to JOSEPH
show details Mar 26 (3 days ago)

I have private insurance Regence BCBS. My ultimate concern is finding someone who is willing to risk evaluating/treating me. I don't need crisis line,ER etc....been down that road before. So far I have had 2 psychiatrists unable to treat me and went back to my previous psychologist who couldn't handle it today and I left hopeless........

I talked my way out of the mental ward and d/c in less than 72 hrs.. .....that is how aware and intelligent I am. I work in healthcare myself and I am on medical leave. I am on the verge of letting go and I do not have much time.

I will understand if you decline.

MY LAST EMAIL:

I'm sorry, I get the feeling you are not able to help me. thanks.
Mar 27 (2 days ago)

Reply to JOSEPH
show details Mar 27 (2 days ago)

HIS LAST EMAIL:

Reply |JOSEPH PETERSON to me
show details 8:45 AM (7 hours ago)

Hello, Based on what you have said so far, i thinki it would be best if you returned to your previuos therapist. It is easy to get into hopping from o ne provider to another, thinking that somehow there is a "magic" person out there who holds some type of key. I don't think this way of looking at mental health treatment will be helpful to you. I would encourage you to find one therapist (the one you have) and one medicaion manager and stay with them. I think this approach is the one thta works in the long run. Good luck, Keith Peterson, Ph.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00