They banned my brother and now he's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are writing this to tell you how disappointed we are in the administrators of this forum for what they did to my brother.

My brother had killed himself within this past month and we finally were able to get ourselves together today and collect his things. We found his passwords and we were able to open his email account on the public computer in his apartment complex because we wanted to see if we could find answers as to why he did it.

What we found was messages he was sending to the admins of this suicide forum asking why his account was banned and how he was finally connecting with people that understood him on the forum, and how he was starting to feel better. He wrote asking why he was banned and did not know why. Of course we did not see a response in is inbox by the administrators from this forum.

We wish he would have told us what was wrong, but it appeared he was able to connect with people on the forum, but was banned before he could be helped.

We are hurt and disappointed in this forum for turning someone away when it seems like this forum is supposed to help people not make them feel left out by banning them. We wanted to let others know what happened so no one else relies on this forum if for some reason they ban you.

To anyone thinking about suicide, please go to your family for help. Trust me we would have showed him love and listened to him if he gave us a chance. We all wish we would have been more observant and seen that he needed help. Thank you all for listening. We needed to vent because we are upset right now.

We are going to go back to his apartment now and collect the rest of his possessions.

soliloquise

We are writing this to tell you how disappointed we are in the administrators of this forum for what they did to my brother.

My brother had killed himself within this past month and we finally were able to get ourselves together today and collect his things. We found his passwords and we were able to open his email account on the public computer in his apartment complex because we wanted to see if we could find answers as to why he did it.

What we found was messages he was sending to the admins of this suicide forum asking why his account was banned and how he was finally connecting with people that understood him on the forum, and how he was starting to feel better. He wrote asking why he was banned and did not know why. Of course we did not see a response in is inbox by the administrators from this forum.

We wish he would have told us what was wrong, but it appeared he was able to connect with people on the forum, but was banned before he could be helped.

We are hurt and disappointed in this forum for turning someone away when it seems like this forum is supposed to help people not make them feel left out by banning them. We wanted to let others know what happened so no one else relies on this forum if for some reason they ban you.

To anyone thinking about suicide, please go to your family for help. Trust me we would have showed him love and listened to him if he gave us a chance. We all wish we would have been more observant and seen that he needed help. Thank you all for listening. We needed to vent because we are upset right now.

We are going to go back to his apartment now and collect the rest of his possessions.
sorry to hear this. what was his name so the mods can answer?
we have had a lot of hoaxes like this so pleasedo not be offended. i am sure a mod will contact you

aoeu

Bans occur to prevent others from dying. This forum is life-or-death serious, and there is no perfect answer. This site is also not a cure-all - chances are very good he would have gone the same way anyhow.

His name is Tim. I can not say was Tim because I hope he is still alive in a better place and at peace. I understand there are hoaxes, but I don't know why he was pushed away.

I appreciate the responses and can see why he was getting help from people on this community forum. I wish we could have helped him before he decided to just give up and leave us. He must not have known how much we loved him and would drop anything from our busy lives to have helped him and sit and talk with him.

Thank you all for listening. We better clean out the rest of his apartment now. It's hard when we find pictures around the apartment of the good times we had together.

soliloquise

His name is Tim. I can not say was Tim because I hope he is still alive in a better place and at peace. I understand there are hoaxes, but I don't know why he was pushed away.

I appreciate the responses and can see why he was getting help from people on this community forum. I wish we could have helped him before he decided to just give up and leave us. He must not have known how much we loved him and would drop anything from our busy lives to have helped him and sit and talk with him.

Thank you all for listening. We better clean out the rest of his apartment now. It's hard when we find pictures around the apartment of the good times we had together.
please stay in touch.. maybe the mods will tell you what happened.
i did not know him but this is v sad :(

I'm sorry for your loss but i would like to tell you that he wasn't banned. His account was closed as he had a dual account here. I;m sorry you got the wrong impression that we banned him for no reason but he did have access to the site via another account.

Once again sorry for your loss.

wastedmylife

I'm sorry for your loss but i would like to tell you that he wasn't banned. His account was closed as he had a dual account here. I;m sorry you got the wrong impression that we banned him for no reason but he did have access to the site via another account.

Once again sorry for your loss.
perhaps triple accounts

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
I am very sorry to hear about the death of your brother and send you sympathy at this sad time.

As a moderator has already told you your brother still had access to this forum, he was never banned.

I am closing this thread now and will contact you by pm. I am also going to close your brothers existing account.

Hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00