they come back? but why?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by beauutyy, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

its weird,i used to selfharm,like hardcore.
    and then,randomly...i stopped.
    now, lately i have had alot of repressed feelings come up
    and my urges have been so strong.
    i have refused, my feelings are slowing sinking to the back of my mind but my urge is still there.

i am at a point where idk how much longer i can take unless,i give in.just even one cut will satisfy me. idk why,i long for it...but it seems to me as maybe just maybe,my habit of cutting might never go away?

eh?

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

It prolly came back because of the fact that you let all the feelings build up, and they built up so much that you feel as if you can't take it anymore, because you didn't let the feelings out as they built up. The habit of cutting *can* go away, but before you take it away it's easier to first find some other habit that isn't self destructive to replace it.

TDM

3. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I used to cut a lot to. When I did it it gave me some sort of release from the feelings I felt . But I stopped and the need to cut has gone down a lot. Its been a month now since I last cut sure sometimes I feel the need to cut but I fight it. It will go away eventually just be strong there are healthier ways to deal with our emotions we just have to find that right method.

4. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

thats kinda like how it is for me. lately my urges have stopped completely.
    but then last week it was to the point where my shoulder and my hips
    [the places that i self harm the most]
    ached like i cut them. i started sleep cutting too..

have you ever thought of journaling?

5. beauutyy

i do journal.i am on xanga as often as possible,because after i rant,or vent about something,i do feel better.and it beats having to hide scars 24/7 ya know? and yeah, that happens to me to,any place where i did cut,they will randomly just ache,but not like oh,its cause they are sore,its like they are 'saying' to cut there more.ha,weird sounding,but yeah.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Just try to be strong Tina and resist the urge to cut. I know you can do it hun. :hug:

7. beauutyy

i did and thanks for caring sweetie<33
    *blows kiss*

8. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I wanted to run this idea by you because it's a habit I developed to keep calm. I've never cut, although sometimes I want to try and I think I understand anyone who does, but still I don't have the habit and I don't know if this can help anyone.
    Here goes: when I feel the need to calm down, I lie down somewhere or sit where there's nothing to distract me, and then I tour the nerve impulses in my body, 'listening' to my foot or back or whatever. If pain helps relieve your stress, you can do this and practice 'tuning up' any nerve in your body that is transmitting pain - normally you don't feel all of your nerves but there are always some that are in pain - if you get good you can make your body feel like its burning. I also reccomend you try practice the opposite, increasing pleasure in your body, so you only feel pain when you need to and not all the time. I don't know if this is healthy, but after a few minutes if you stop, it feels exactly like waking up from deep sleep, so it can also help if you suffer from anxiety. If you try it and it works will you let me know?
    Good luck with all of your troubles, mates :)

9. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

Self harm is like drinking, or taking drugs. If you start again,i can tell you`ll regret it, it will get worse than it used to be, and yĆ²ull like it more than before=(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.