They don't understand.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoatCheck, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoatCheck

GoatCheck New Member

My parents. the only one's I've got. I'm pushing them away because of my depression and they don't understand. they don't fucking understand and it hurts me so deeply.

My dad knows that I am depressed, but he thinks it's a copout for my bad grades, lack of motivation... I can't function, do schoolwork.

I really want an end to this. but I know I won't do it. not now at least. I'll just keep trying to hold on, to ultimately fail in the end. To disappoint my parents. to feel so awful every day.

One day I might have the guts to do it. I hope I will. I wish there was another way. like the sticky says I just want the pain to stop. I drank some cough syrup to get away, and it worked. I felt so wonderful, not high just.... normal.

like I used to feel. I'm gettting old and I need something to rely on.
    I feel so sad.

I guess before I go out, I'm gonna let everyone know how I feel, all the ****s that have bullied me. tomorrow, I'll show them.

2. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Yea parents, people close to you will never know what you(We) go through daily. Its hard and maybe one day it will end. But maybe it just creates a huge other can of worms. Thats what's got me staying. Hope you can let it all out here, talk it out with someone here. Either way Talk to me, with my parents Its just the same thing. PM me if you want.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My parents don't understand how someone can feel the way I do..My siblings think the storm has passed.. I don't talk about it with them anymore and I haven't made an attempt in a couple of years now..That doesn't mean that one little trigger won't put me over the edge.. I worry about these triggers dailey.. I also have suicidal thoughts dailey but thru therapy I have been able to control them..I still lack motivation.. It takes me a couple of weeks to do something that would have only taken minutes to complete..I just don't give a shit and have given up.. At least thats what my therapist says..

4. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

It's not much different when you're older. My wife doesn't understand, she tries, but she's happy, which I'm no better at understanding. My kids don't know, I hope.
    Depression is the number one killer of young people (I made that up, but I think it's true). All you can do is take it a minute at a time. There are days when the depression lifts. Wait for 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.