• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

They forgot my birthday...

My dad, my mom, my brother, completely forgot. My grandma just called today to wish me a happy belated. Been a few days now. I feel like they totally forgot about me.

I get stuff for their birthdays so they know that they matter to me, even if we are a little messy at times. I tried calling my parents today, no one answered. I feel very, forgotten. It hurts a lot. My chest feels heavy and it's hard to breathe right now. Crying a lot too.

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Hey Snake just wanted to say I agree with what others here said that that is really crummy that they forgot your bday. Please know that it's not a reflection of your value as a person though because you are definitely very special and deserving of having your bday remembered by the people you care about and who you show caring to. If it was me I would definitely do the same thing to those who forgot it on their next bday. I know some people say oh no revenge doesn't do anything or change anything but for me I would feel a lot better doing that anyway.
Hope you will feel better soon, sending lots of hugs, love & positive, healing energy to you :) *hug

BlueGreen

Happy Belated Birthday @Snake on the Moon, you matter here. *hugYeah, that IS just shitty, you don't deserve that. I would just forget theirs so they get the message. My mother was like this, couldn't even remember my sons', her only grandchildren even though they were both a few days after her own. It's just selfish - you are supposed to revolve around them. Or drop big fat hints next year a day or two before so they have no excuse!

Wispiwill

Happy Belated Birthday.

It's never nice to feel forgotten especially by the very people that should remember us and be there for us. I wouldn't advocate the idea of returning the favour unless you can deal with the guilt that can come - or the recriminations that might come about as a result. Be sure of the consequences before taking that action.

Have you thought about telling them how you feel? Do you think it would do any good or just make a bad situation worse?

Either way, regardless of what else you choose to do - I think you should do something nice just for yourself. Something that makes YOU feel special. If nobody else cares - at least YOU can.

Well if they observe other people's birthdays but not yours, you have good reason to be mad at them
My parents and brother live on separate farms a couple of miles away from each other. They just drive over and visit each other all the time. Often they will have alcohol and visit. I dont drink, Im usually left out of that.

They grocery shop and run errands in my city all the time, this is their main stop for that. They don't call or text unless they want me to do something for them (majority of the time), and my mother has mentioned not seeing me very often and missing, yet won't take fifteen minutes to stop by my house to say hi when she's here. It's a smaller city too so its not like I'm far, in fact less than five minutes off the main road she takes.

It hurts because I'm not treated like family. I feel more like an acquaintance to my immediate family than a daughter or sister.

Happy Belated Birthday.

It's never nice to feel forgotten especially by the very people that should remember us and be there for us. I wouldn't advocate the idea of returning the favour unless you can deal with the guilt that can come - or the recriminations that might come about as a result. Be sure of the consequences before taking that action.

Have you thought about telling them how you feel? Do you think it would do any good or just make a bad situation worse?

Either way, regardless of what else you choose to do - I think you should do something nice just for yourself. Something that makes YOU feel special. If nobody else cares - at least YOU can.
My family doesn't talk much about feelings at all. Not an emotionally stable family either.

I like the idea of celebrating it on my own, I'll think of something special to do.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$410.00
Goal
$255.00