They lie.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ConfusedSilence, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

Musicians have to stop singing love songs where they say "I'll wait out in the rain for you" or "I'll always love you" or "you're always beautiful to me" because they are all lies. Nice guys finish last, always. You know why? Because they are the ones doing all of the fighting. They fight for others'. They work to make everyone else happy. It's not fair.

I know this is a juvenile post. Feel free to delete it. I'm only saying it because I need to pretend as if someone hears me and I can't exactly talk to anyone who knows me. I'm sorry for clogging up the forum.

2. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

It's not just musicians. Most people who say stuff like that in general are lying. It's because they don't truly know the meaning of the words they're saying. They just throw words around left and right and think that's okay to do.

3. ConfusedSilence

It shouldn't be allowed. You grow up in the Disney idea of "You're prince will come, and he'll think you're perfect no matter what happens."

Then he never arrives on that stupid white horse, and everything you believed about the world being fair is thrown to the floor and all of a sudden those rose coloured glasses you're looking through don't seem so magic.

4. TooShyToScream

Well the only reason I disagree that it shouldn't be allowed is because if things like that aren't allowed, all that's left in the media is trash. Promiscuity and violence. Fairy tales and cartoons and stuff at least don't have any of that crap for the most part. It's the only stuff I can still watch on TV, I don't watch many adult shows and movies. I do see your point though, I just think that a better solution would be to take out the crap that media has to offer and then maybe these fairy tales could be brought to life. Instead of teaching kids how to cheat on their spouses and girls to look like *****s, it'd teach us to find someone and live happily ever after.

5. ConfusedSilence

I'm all for getting rid of violence and sex from tv, and they probably aren't healthy for kids to be seeing, but fairy tales are instilling false senses of hope. Good guys finish last. That's as good as fact, so why glorify it and point kids towards a life of bitterness where they know how to be nice but nobody is nice back to them? I'd rather my child ended up happy.

6. TooShyToScream

If you have kids, those kids will go through pain and misery. That's just how the world is. That's why I'm not having any. I don't think it'd be fair to them. But as for a false sense of hope, again, I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't be able to watch any media at all if they got rid of fairy tales and all that stuff. I think it's possible for the world to be something similar to that, but it's not going happen anytime soon with how society is.

7. ConfusedSilence

I don't have any kids. I'm too scared that I'd kill them because I'm a fatal clutz. It isn't just fairytales. I wouldn't be upset if fairy tales could stay childish, but then you have movies about "true love" and "heroes". That's not fair. We're older now, we believe what we're told because it's what everyone thinks. You can't just lie and hope everything works out okay, because it wont.