They say...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ignored, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

... that death is a foreign country. I am a bit scared of taking the step, but if I were emigrating I'd be just as scared, wouldn't I? Wouldn't mean that it was a wrong decision. I really do feel that it's time to make the move!

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I hope you don't make the move Sarah. When people move to another country, they can always come back should they decide it was the wrong decision.. yet taking your own life is final. Please reconsider.. we care about you :arms:

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I agree, death is not the right move for you and it is a lot different to moving to a different country, it goes deeper than that and is not a decision you can take back. You don't know what death entails, no one knows because no one has been there and came back to tell the story (obviously). When you move abroad yes it's a fresh start but in your mind now you can somewhat imagine basically what it would be like, but you can't with death. Most importantly, you don't deserve to die, you shouldn't die, you deserve the help and support and you can get that from your friends. Please take care of yourself. :hug:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with Jenny Sarah. The move you are contemplating has a one way ticket. No returns. A move to a foreign country can be just a short stay or however long you wish it to be. This is not your time for a move. Please hang in there hun. :hug:

5. hun :hug: I know I haven't spoken with you in ages - but it doesn't mean have or ever will forget you and think of you. Don't take a one way ticket - stay with us :hug: Am only a PM away :hug:

6. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hmmm dunno, if i quite agree with that idea of going to a foreign country. Not only that it would be a one way ticket with no return, ive had quite different experiences being near death (with after the docs no chance of survival) in coma and i dont recall that experience as being in a foreign country. Please stay strong and know we are all here to support you :hug: Please feel free to pm or msn me anytime (beretwoi@hotmail.com)
    Youre in my thoughts and prayers,
    Beret xxx

7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Thanks, and maybe you're right. But it's a country we all have to visit in the end anyway. I'm just emigrating early. I have a plan... actually I have 3 plans... and just need to wait a couple of weeks for some stuff to settle before I execute one of them. I'm feeling both nervous and excited about this... bit like doing a bungee jump off Mt Everest.

8. KyleKW

KyleKW Well-Known Member

"...a bungee jump off Mt Everest..."
    Bungee, if done properly, isn't deadly no matter where it's done from. I've done it several times... frankly, now, I wish someone had forgotten to correctly lock me in.

"...wait a couple of weeks for some stuff to settle before I execute one of them..."
    Am curious what you're waiting to settle, what takes priority over something like ending your life.

This seems rude but it's not meant that way, I promise. My d-date/time is days away, really only waiting because I've got family items that I need to pack/ship to them... don't want my ex to just toss out photos, antiques, etc. I get paid on Friday so cannot afford to do this until then.

What is it that's keeping you for a couple weeks... maybe I can find something similar now... Guess that I don't understand the "wait" idea.

9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

No, I know bungee jumping isn't generally a fatal activity, or it would be much less popular than it is. :biggrin: Just that if I were doing one I'd be sh*tting a brick... probably wouldn't stop me doing it if I were intent.
    The wait is for family stuff that needs to be settled first before I can do it. I can afford to wait a couple of weeks if it makes it easier for them in the end.

10. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Sarah, nothing is going to make it easier for them in the end, your family (& friends) would never recover from this, you may make yourself feel better by telling yourself you have done everything you can to protect them from pain but in fact nothing you do in preparation is going to ease their grief, pain & despair.
    Now, I know your immediate reaction is going to be, "might as well do it sooner then", but the burning truth is, it's not the timing that matters, it's the deed that will destroy your family.
    Please Sarah, this is not the answer, I know how much pain you are in but you can get through this, let us help you fight back.

Luv u Hazel :hug:

11. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

I agree with Hazel, you're family and friends will be devastated by you "emigrating". I know how easy it is to make yourself think otherwise, but you'd only be fooling yourself. Please please reconsider and let us support you. You are much loved here and greatly cared for.

Lizzy. xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.