They're right. No one does care

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DarkFantasy, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkFantasy

DarkFantasy Well-Known Member

"love yourself first."
    The problem is, if I loved myself I wouldn't want to die. But no one cares about you unless you care about yourself first, so what's the point?
    Everyone in the world is out for themselves. Whatever makes them feel good for them.
    So I have to love myself first before anyone will care or have respect for me right? But I can't begin to love myself until someone helps me.
    I just don't care. Why should anyone else
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Its is possible for someone to love you before you love yourself, part of love is understanding and accepting someone for who they are. Sometimes someone loving you helps you to learn how to love yourself.

Believe me I have had it thrown at me before that I cannot be loved because I hate myself, but maybe that was just an easy way out for them.

End of the day some people do care and are compassionate you just need to find them, trust me on this not everyone is out for themselves. There are a few people in this world personally I would die for, and ask for nothing in return.

Sometimes its about compromise though, who said this to you can I ask?
  3. DarkFantasy

"part of love is understanding and accepting someone for who they are."

Exactly. Something I wish and fantasize about all the time. Someone to love me.
    Thank you for your post though, that did make me feel a little better.
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Well I am in a similar situation I am completly on my own, because of the I am I realise I cant really date anyone at the moment, I am using this time to try and sort things out for myself. What I am trying to say, is you have a goal to be loved and understood right? So use that as your motivation to get yourself whatever it is you need, to help you on the road to recovery. Its a tough process to start though, but if you have a goal in mind thats all you need
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

When I ask for advice on meeting girls and tell the guys advising me about my self-hatred. They say "Fake it till you make it." People who like themselves are easy to mimic. Smile stand up straight. Doing that will make most people think you are happy. Just fake it once they get closer to you the truth can come out if it is the truth.
  6. DarkFantasy

Good advice everyone. Thanks :)
  7. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

Honestly, I thought the same as you because that's how I was raised and that's what everyone always seemed to tell me : "You have to love yourself before others can." But with time I've learned that that's bull. Like the others on this thread have said, you can be truly loved without even liking yourself first -- I'm in that same situation. I fucking hate myself and want to die, but I have a best girlfriend that sticks with me no matter what and somehow I have a boyfriend that loves me so much, sometimes it hurts.

Sure, you don't have to love yourself before others do, but you have give them the chance to love you.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Loving myself is better than any 'love' I received from other people. When I think that people don't care, it doesn't hurt as much, because I've completely shut off from wanting any of their 'care.'
  9. She

She Member

I have a boyfriend of a year (almost). He says he loves me but that's not true at all. People lie to you, they manipulate you and then they leave you.
  10. Dead Alive

Dead Alive Active Member

loving yourself... 2 corinthians 1:3-4 says to comfort others as you have been comforted. You cant comfort others until you have been comforted first. Likewise, how can you love yourself unless love has been first given to you to understand. Fortunately God loves you even if everyone does not. He is there in your darkest night. Hold on to Him and you can ride through this.

I know... I was there myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.