Things are getting better

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Troubled2008, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

Some people on here like me, some don't. Whatever. I'm not paying for this.

I guess some people didn't like the fact that I am exploring different religions, trying to figure out what is right for me. It seems some of the moderators are extreme Christians so good luck with them. They'll probably tell their god to kill you if you're not Christian.

I'm trying to figure out what is right for me in my relationship with God because I feel sad when their presence is gone. I guess, though, on here, unless your choice is Christian, you are somehow a second-rate or questionable citizen.

Anyhow... If anyone reads this who is wondering about God or having problems............. Don't let people tell you what to believe. Go with your instinct on that. :biggrin:
  2. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

P.S. I was a Christian for 20 some years who found nothing but sadness there. I started being interested in Islam. Don't be afraid of all the people in the West who will hate you for this if you want to read about it. Basically, 0.00001% of Islamic people are violent. If you can't find God, maybe it is OK. I was afraid to read about it cuz I live in the West. I thought people would think I was a terrorist or something. Now, I don't care. I just want to find my belief in God. Whether its Islam or not. Maybe its not.
  3. DiscoverPeaceOfMind

DiscoverPeaceOfMind Active Member

Good luck with your search. I worked in Afghanistan for quite some time with Afghans, Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalese, amongst others, and the hundreds of Muslims I worked with had exactly the same types of issues as 'westerners' have. Depression, lack of self worth, frustration, wanted a pay rise, everything!
    Some hid to eat during Ramadan. Some smoked, drank and gambled. Corruption is I'd suggest, dont follow the masses!
    Rather than search for God, I've found it's a good idea to search within your nature for your life's purpose and pursue it. The Action you'll take will lead you to a far more rewarding state than any alternative.
    Imagine becoming a beacon of inspiration through doing no more than your daily routine. And yes, it must be a different routine than you have now.
    Again, good luck with your search...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.