Things Get Worse

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by suicidalbabe, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidalbabe

suicidalbabe Well-Known Member

Things always get worse for me. I'm happy about something and she just always has to rub her bigger happiness in my face. She says she's my friend but I feel like she's my enemy. I'm happy 4 her I really am but I just wish she wouldnt umm (flaunt?) her happiness when she knows all i want is to die. I feel like nobody understands me, or nobody cares. I have failed my no- self- harm goal and now I just feel dissapointed in myself for being asble to achive a simple goal. Idk what to do I just feel sooo depressed like I just want to die and not feel anything anymore. HELP? Please
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:blink: I guess girls like to 1up each other too eh? I have a friend like that. Those people are really insecure. My former roommate took any W he could get and glorify it. I learned to ignore it. After all, their lives must be worse if they constantly have to brag to you. :/ Then again, I always am the one who ends up in the better position than my friend.

I know it is hard, but don't let it affect you. Who says what your friend has would make you as happy as her? I found that the less I competed the less my friend came to me to brag. It takes practice, but don't have any reaction to what she says. She will stop eventually.
  3. suicidalbabe

4. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

well competition can be stressfull but it can also lead to better results. you might even become better than her. do you have a goal in your life?
  5. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

If your friend is clearly not being supportive or caring towards you, then I don't think they're fulfilling the definition of a 'friend'.. Rather than sticking around and dealing with her shit-- let her go! If all she does is flaunt her successes and belittle yours. Or just try telling her how it makes you feel if you haven't already. Best of luck, people are hard to deal with sometimes but they're generally worth the effort.

6. suicidalbabe

thanx i think maybe I'll just distance myself from her for a while nd maybe she'll get the hint that I'm not gonna deal with her shit anymore
  7. ThinkingCap

Seems like a good idea, but telling her outright in reasonable terms may also be helpful. Good luck : )

8. suicidalbabe

I tried to tell her outright that I didnt like the way she was acting and she said it didnt matter to her what I thought and then just walked away. the point is besides me she has no ther friends bcause they all got tired of the way she was acting. I hate to say it but she is a b*tch and maybe if she had no friends left at all she would rethink her character and at least try to be less of a b*tch
  9. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hi suicidalbabe. Sorry to hear you're going through so much trouble. I heard you say that you are depressed, and luckily there are many things you can do against depression.

Two things stand out:

1. Do therapy with a good qualified and competent therapist. I've heard many good stories with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to overcome depression.

2. Also, you could do some Self-Help, if you have the energy for it. For example, on you can buy a lot of self-help books. They helped tremendously for me. Here's an example of some books:,k:cbt+depression

Some people like to do self-help, others totally dislike it. But it's just an suggestion. If so therapy can really help.

Hope this helps a bit and take care.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, Reyna. It's good that you posted, it helps to talk, even if it is just online.why do you think your friend does that? trust your instincts. If you feel she's doing it deliberately, drop her, she's not worth having around. its great that you can find yourself able to be happy for her :) the people here so understand and do care, so please keep posting, do you really want to die or do you just want life to be different for you? those feelings can be mistaken for one another. Are you on any medications, see a psychiatrist?

much love,
    inmemoryofyou x
  11. ThinkingCap

Ah yeah, she has a problem but it's definitely not something you have to deal with. You did all you could by telling her outright and it's in your best interest to find somewhere else to be. Anyway, it sounds like you're making a good choice. Sorry you had to make it though.

12. suicidalbabe

Yeah it does help thanx a lot I'm going to therapy for it and it really is helping. Thanx for your support
  13. suicidalbabe

hmm i guess I don't really want to die. Maybe your right maybe I do just want my life to be different. But idk sometimes I wanna die like i just don't see the point of me being alive if things always end up going wrong, other times I just wish I could change parts of my life. so idk. I'm not on any medications but I do talk to a therapist every weekend. Thanx for yur support it really helps a lot to know that people care even if I don't really know them, thanx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.