Things going well, then you hit a wall...

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by BlueGolf, Jun 8, 2016.

1. BlueGolf

BlueGolf New Member

I know there's likely to be good days and bad days during a recovery. However, I am in a particular low today, feeling most suicidal I have for a few weeks and can't seem to get myself out of the rut. That's despite otherwise most stuff being good.

How do other people get themselves back on track? Do you rest and accept the bad day, then move on after a night's sleep or do you battle through it? Do you have any strategies that work especially well?

lightning05 likes this.
  2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

For me, it's just getting through the moment. Sometimes leaning on others to just get through the moment. Other times, distracting myself (if possible at the time) helps. Know we're here. Hugs

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I just try to keep going, no matter what happens. There are bad days, but I remember that not every day will be like that. Some are better than others, and I look forward to the good days and find things that I enjoy.

Kate123 likes this.
  4. bec1216

bec1216 Active Member

Listen to music, talk to a friend, go to a restaurant, etc. Distracting yourself can be really helpful to avoid thinking about suicide.

Kate123 likes this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Having a very hot bath or very cold shower works for me, just feeling the water on my back eases my anxiety, may not help eveyone but it helps me.