things happen

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Roxie_Lei, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxie_Lei

Roxie_Lei Member

I have recently have gotten raped and I feel very low and have thoughts of suicide and they grow larger every day. I dont know what to do about it. My boyfriend sent me to this site because he thought it would help. So i promised him i would. Can anybody help me?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Roxie Lei, (lovely name btw)

Welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think you should definitely see a counsellor, you need to be able to talk about what happened so that you can get through this. Remember, it was not your fault. Professional help could help you a lot, are you on any meds?

:hug:

3. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

It's me, your boyfriend, baby :)
    See? people are already coming to your aid <3 and the people on this particular forum all have all done a lot to heal...you should take their advice to heart. I can only do so much for you in this respect. I love you so much <3

4. Roxie_Lei

Roxie_Lei Member

thank you but i cant see a counsoler

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've known other women, some very special to me, who been raped and it's heartbreaking.

One thing I want you to know is that you are not a bad person because of it. The person who did it to you is the bad one. Do not think less of yourself. You are not at fault and did not do anything wrong.

6. Roxie_Lei

Roxie_Lei Member

Sometimes I feel that way. I cant help it, but thank you for your advice

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hey,

I first joined this site just a month or two after the same had happened to me, it really derailed my life and I'm still trying to get it back on track two years later.
    If you want to talk to someone who understands, feel free to PM me. :hug:

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You do need to make sure you talk to someone about this. It is very difficult to deal with on your own. So many thoughts cloud your mind. Feelings of shame, guilt, helplessness, hopelessnes, are just a few you may experience. You need to remember that you are a victim. You are not at fault for anything that happened. Any particular reason you cannot see a trained professional? I do not claim to have all the answers, but I can promise to listen and maybe share some insights with you as a survivor. Please take care and stay safe. Please feel free to PM me if you wish. :hug:

9. Roxie_Lei

Roxie_Lei Member

Everyone in my family will flip and treat ne like Im no one, except a few

10. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

At the least you should be able to call a hotline without your family knowing to talk this out. Most countries have some form of hotline. Hope things will begin to go better for you.

11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

If you really can't see a councillor, call a helpline, they're confidential and noone would know that you called them. You really need to speak to someone proffesional to deal with such a serious issue as this. :hug: I hope you get the help and support you need to deal with this.

12. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

Yeah Roxie :) I know you don't like hte idea of professional help...but it saved my life when I needed it. It really did :) and it will help ease your pain. It will help you make sense of it. I love you Roxie <3

13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Roxie,
    Welcome to the forums!! If you see a therapist they can keep what you say between you and them..If your not comfortable with that then call your local hospital and ask to speak to someone in mental health.. Most hospitals either have or can refer you to support groups.. They are confidential and will give you a voice where you can be heard how much pain your in..I hope some of this helped..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.