Things I am going to address this month...

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Butterfly, May 13, 2015.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Medication Compliance

I have been less than compliant with taking my medication for the past 6 months. This has been because I became ill/paranoid and then I wanted to self destruct. I want to find a way to work on my medication compliance, so if I do become unwell despite taking them, I continue to take them and I am able to tell a healthcare professional so I can either get an increase, or extra monitoring during difficult periods. I have not yet worked out how I can achieve this, so any suggestions will be most welcome

Lack of Motivation

I am coming out of a horrible depression, where all I wanted to do was hide in bed or on the sofa in my pj's all day. I found even the most simplest of tasks a massive chore. My mood has lifted a little but I am still struggling with a lack of motivation. I am setting myself time limits to get household chores done and I am trying to make myself leave my house and go out somewhere at least once a day, even if it is just for 10-15 minutes. I like going for walks so I am going to try and stick to this. I would like to start swimming again, but I don't want to be over ambitious. I am trying to set myself little tasks to do, to keep my mind busy also. I have a bad habit of just staring at a computer screen for hours, but not actually do anything.

These are the biggest problems I am currently facing, and this is what I would like to address. Hopefully I can come up with successful ways of dealing with these issues, and any suggestions will be more than welcome.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is there anyway you can get someone to call you when your medication is due to remind you to take them it helps Try not to do too many things in a day sometimes just getting out of bed is a big accomplishment. when you are so low perhaps call a friend to help you get outside to go for a walk
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It's not that I forget to take my meds because I don't. Setting alarms, getting people to remind me won't work if I want to self destruct or are too paranoid to take them.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yeah thats how I feel some days I just wanna self destruct n let my mind do its work. Ive started not complyong with meds and I still refill med and find my unused med bottles growing a pile.... looking forward to see any ideas from this thread as well.