Things that have been bothering me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by kay_xx, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_xx

kay_xx Member

first of all, i don't know why i've been feeling depressed. it's pretty much for no reason, and i think i'm too young to be feeling like this. it's so strange.

i'm very close to my family. especially my parents. and i give it my best effort to try and be happy around them, but every time i look sad or angry, they say "why are you being so grumpy kay?" or "don't be a little black cloud." yet it's perfectly okay for them to be in a bad mood. i don't call them out for it. it just bugs the crap out of me...

and i want someone to talk to, someone to help me but i'm afraid to talk to my family. i think that they would tell me i'm just not depressed and leave it at that. or they would panic and ask too many questions like they usually do when i bring up the subject of feeling sad.

i'm not sure if this is something that will go away soon or not, but i need to be able to talk to someone without being judged or feeling embarrassed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

if you don't mind me asking.. how old are you?

I don't really have any answers, but I've been where you are. Depression first hit me when I was ~12 years old, and I was always very close to my family, like you are. I basically pretended I was happy for most of my childhood/adolescence, and although it made things more 'comfortable' for my family, I'm not sure it did me any good.

Now I'm 22 and I've been in therapy for a few years... and I think maybe things would be easier now if I tried to sort it out sooner.

Do you have a school counselor you can talk to? Maybe they can help you talk to your parents or tell you what your options are?

good luck Kay. you can pm me anytime if you want to talk! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.