1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that keep you awake at night.

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by boo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Alumni

My regrets and thoughts of all the things I have done wrong in life. And that now it is time to pay up for those wrongs. And paying up is going to suck.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

1. Drink some warm milk or hot chocolate.

2. Warm bath with lavender.

3. Make sure the room is cosy and everything clean.

4. Distraction-which is the best of them all, read while going to sleep or watch TV and you'll think less about anxiety!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry hun. Sometimes we have to make peace with the past to move forward however hard that may be. You will always have support, you're not alone in this.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Being alive when I have no right to be.

5. Nobody97

Nobody97 Member

Fear of whether tommorow will be worse than now.

6. sarahg7

sarahg7 Member

Anxiety, guilt and negative thoughts in general. Or perhaps the fact that I'm a professional insomniac if such a thing ever existed.

7. BlackKitty

BlackKitty Active Member

Anxiety, regret, guilt, negative thoughts about myself.

8. fishman

fishman Member

When I have my kids with me I can sleep. So the other nights of the week I cannot sleep. When I'm alone the fear, regret, and sorrow take over my nights. Someone told me that smoking some weed will help you sleep. I got to say it helps me.

9. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

Anxiety and panic attacks :( ... it really sucks.

10. Yoko

Yoko Seeker of Darkness

My head is pounding. I can't seem to get the right body temp for sleeping. I'm either too hot and feel sick, or too cold and shivering.

Also, thoughts and song lyrics keep my awake. You haunt me, Sir Sly. Things will never be the same again. Anxiety rises. I try to find things to take my mind off it, but I'm at the point of giving up. I might just lay here.

11. Jaden

Jaden Member

Regrets. Existential crises. Mistakes. Worrying over tomorrow. Worrying over yesterday, too.

12. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

"Some people can't sleep because they have insomnia. I can't sleep because I have an internet connection"

13. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Afraid of nightmares.

14. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I experience existential crisis's a lot.

Anxiety keeps me awake, mostly.

What am I doing with my life? What if every day is like this? Why did/didn't I eat? What if I grow to be old and alone? What if I don't? Oh my god, I am going to die.

The works.

Sometimes depression keeps me up.

Also, occasionally, my rabbit chewing on his cage.

15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Fear of living and fear of dying, like that even makes sense.

16. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

promises various people made years ago
    and they made them with sincerity but didn t keep them
    and all i hear is goodbyes and: you re so unique and you deserve the best but soz sort of things at night

and how people change but i m still the same

17. BlackKitty

BlackKitty Active Member

Worry about today and yesterday. Wonder how I'll make it through another day. Thinking about what I'm not doing with my life.

18. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Not knowing the combo to open the door at work in the morning. Or if I'm scheduled.

19. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

I think I have finally found a working combo. My allergies suck to begin with so I take diphenhydramine, I have also found video on YouTube where the screen is almost completely black, constant rain, and the occasional lightning and thunder. It is an actual video, it may loop, not sure. But I have found 2 by the same people. One is 4 hours, the other is 10. I haven't slept this well since I was on all the prescription drugs prior to my surgery. I think it even helps my dog, he doesn't move at all. :highly_amused:

20. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

lonliness