Things that keep you awake at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niantiel

I used to use alcohol to moderate my sleeping but I can't really fund doing that anymore right now. Typically I'll get lost in music, thoughts, a conversation with someone online, or something on some site I'm reading. The real problem is that I'm not tired until it's too late for me to fall asleep because if I do I risk oversleeping my alarm -_-. I'm 28 now. I've had insomnia since I was about 13. I can still pull all-nighters, drink a pot of coffee, and get about a 20 minute nap before an 8 hour shift at work. At lunch, I'll be sure to pick up an energy drink and a good sized meal to get me through the day. By the time I get home I manage to sleep and typically only sleep 4 hours anyway. So basically, I run on 4 hours a night for about...5 or 6 days before my body crashes and needs to catch up. It's annoying. Can be fun, but can also be very annoying.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
When I can't turn off my brain it's usually because I'm thinking about my ex, feeling anxious about my lonely situation, or obsessing over a slight from one of my coworkers. All things that are really not worth the amount of time and concern I give them.

drinty

I'd rather be a Cat.
Well I've realised that booze is effecting my night tonight, I thought it was knocking me out a while back when I got to the point of needing proper sleep. I gave up drinking and my everything became more level... But I've only just realised that tonight after having a glass of wine and waking up after a nightmare. Feeling scared in the middle of the night when you're alone sucks.
As for things that keep me awake, it's just my brain. Dunno what it thinks about but it's up to summit. I do word searches or 3in a row games to focus, then I can't fight sleep creeping up on me.

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
I always had constant insomnia before, but this time its in a good way because I constantly think of a very special woman that means the world to me. She's the last thing on my mind before I sleep and the first thing on my mind when I wake up.

Flying Fox

Upside-down Hugger
SF Supporter
Complete silence at night, my mind drives me up the wall. For the longest time I had the classical station turned on low at night time.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Lots of feelings, things that I can't get over. Been reminded of things so I will probably be up crying again, like I was last night. Would be nice to get a decent amount of sleep for once.

MarkahMalady

Eating disorder thoughts, degenerate sexual fantasies, thinking about grocery shopping in other countries. Sometimes the cats meow for attention in the middle of the night.

My worst habit when insomnia hits is clock watching. I get in bed and think "great.. 7 hours for sleep". An hour later I'm still awake and I think "ok.. I can cope with 6 hours".. Fast forward checking the clock every half hour until it gets to 2 hours before I'm due to get up and I realise there's no way I'm going to make it through "tomorrow" without passing out at some point!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
oh god, @VioletDawn I am so prone to that shit it's not even funny. It's why I can't work a day shift actually. I am clock watching all night until it's time to get up. For some reason it's not the same way when I'm on another shift. Best wishes.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I worked the night shift for around 15 years. I loved it. I haven't had long running sleep problems in a long time. Reading really does it for me. What occasionally ruins my sleep, because I get pissed off, is when I forgot to close the window before going to bed and some moron passes by on a motorcycle that's purposely rigged to be ear splittingly loud, just as I'm beginning to drift off. There's some kind of motorcycle club around here, so they're rattling people's windows all day and night.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have 2 neighbors with bikes that are unnecessarily loud. One of them, a woman, sits out there revving that thing for 20 or 30 minutes sometimes. I'm not saying there's anything going on there but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00