Things that keep you awake at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudia UK

Don't we all envy the people that can fall asleep so easily? Unfortunately, it takes me a while. So many things runs thru my head. So many worries and uncertainties. What are the things that keep you up at night? Too much caffeine? Thinking about your ex? Horror movie? Boo's last thread offended you?
Many things keep me awake . Like you said , many worries like finances , health and uncertainties that I lost count now. Feeling mentally exhausted.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Panic at being awake and knowing I have to be up in 5 hours. Hasn’t happened to me in years. I am both excited to be in tai chi and nervous about the lawsuit. Want to ctb also. I hate this.
I wrote this last night. I am grateful I had a place t can write this. It made me sleep the remaining 5 hours. I will sleep ok tonight

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
For me a lot of it is just not wanting to sleep because sleeping is boring. I tell people that I feel that way, and a lot of them tend to think it's weird. Some of it could also be that I associate not sleeping much with being manic, which can feel fun and exhilarating for me. Doesn't really happen for me much lately. I guess that's a good thing but sometimes I wanna get the feelings back.

MusicMoggy

Yeah, worries can keep me awake for sure, but main problem is not being able to stay asleep. I'll usually wake up between 2 - 3 hrs and tonight's one of those nights I can't get back to sleep so might as well stay awake now as have to be up in a few hrs *facepalm

MusicMoggy

I'm wondering about trying melatonin... can't imagine it would do any harm. I get like that too, Witty, where it feels like there isn't really anything I can put my finger on keeping me awake... but i suppose like you said, maybe there are those subconscious thoughts whirring around in there, who knows?!

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
One thing I discovered, accidentally, is that it's possible to train your brain to switch off by associating certain thoughts with sleep. Start thinking of something pleasant and dreamlike, anything at all, as long as it's fantastical and like a dream. Find one that's your favorite, and then stick with it, every night. In the short term, on the very first night, it'll help you get to sleep eventually because it'll get your mind off of that pointless treadmill of left over thoughts and feelings from your waking day. In the long term, once your brain fully associates that thought sequence with sleep, it'll just start shutting down automatically when you initiate it, and you'll pass into sleep very quickly.

MusicMoggy

One thing I discovered, accidentally, is that it's possible to train your brain to switch off by associating certain thoughts with sleep. Start thinking of something pleasant and dreamlike, anything at all, as long as it's fantastical and like a dream. Find one that's your favorite, and then stick with it, every night. In the short term, on the very first night, it'll help you get to sleep eventually because it'll get your mind off of that pointless treadmill of left over thoughts and feelings from your waking day. In the long term, once your brain fully associates that thought sequence with sleep, it'll just start shutting down automatically when you initiate it, and you'll pass into sleep very quickly.
I sometimes listen to sleep hypnosis videos, it's similar to what you're talking about here. It worked quite well in the beginning... I dunno maybe I've not been consistent enough knowing me :P

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
I think it's my thoughts, my mind never stops. when i do fall asleep it's only a few hours at a time too. i dream a lot. most of the time the dreams are not good ones either. i worry about everything from finances to what tomorrow holds for me. i'm always very anxious which doesn't help.

moxman

The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat
SF Supporter
My health problems are an ongoing issue.

I don't feel like I have a life anymore, I just manage my illness and hope for the best.

I reached out to my brother, we are talking now; not sure how things will go but it's worth a shot.

I can either cry about it or do something about it and personally, I'm tired of crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00