Things That Made Me Smile Today

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by ThePhantomLady, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I was encouraged to do this years ago from some coach... I didn't take it too serious, but maybe it's worth a try...

The idea is to write down something that made you smile during the day... even the smallest, silliest things

Today I smiled because since I was little I have wanted a feather pen... and today I bought one!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Lovely idea phantomlady!

Today I smiled because I treated myself to a chinese! Beef szechuan and noodles and prawn crackers :)

3. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

I was going to get Chinese too, then found spuds in the garage ans had those instead.
    Today I smiled because I talked to my brother in the phone. He's in another country so we get to meet rarely.
    It's his b-day and the wife is minding the children while he's having drinks with his mates. I bet he's enjoying every minute of it.
    It made me smile and I miss them a bit.

4. ThePhantomLady

Oooh Chinese, I could eat that!

I'm smiling because my mum just texted me and told me that the Birthday present she has ordered for me arrived in the mail today... (it's a Sherlock DVD I pre-ordered in august, was released January 11th, and got lost in the mail... I was actually heartbroken). So I'm actually happy she told me, then I don't have to worry and stress if I actually ever get hold of that DVD!

Petal likes this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I got a hug! Yes a REAL one off my sister today (the one who is ill) and you cannot begin to imagine how happy it made me feel! I wanted it to last forever lol

6. ThePhantomLady

Aw Petal that made me smile too!
    I personally don't like hugs... but even I know that some hugs from the right person can mean everything!

Petal likes this.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The responses to this post have made me smile :)

8. ThePhantomLady

Disney's 'Up', I watched it for the first time today.

booklovr likes this.
  9. ThePhantomLady

The right song winning the Danish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest!

If we win this year I get a chance to apply for work there again next year. YAY!

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Seeing how much my nephew enjoyed his birthday party. It is officially tomorrow, but we had it today. it was cute how much he was smiling and he got all shy when we sang him the birthday song, lol. Then when he had to leave, he was just laying on the floor. He wasn't having a fit, he was just laughing the whole time and he didn't want to go, haha.

11. ThePhantomLady

A man at a train station on my way home... there was a kid sitting behind me and he was running around the platform acting crazy waving goodbye to the child. The kid laughed so much, and I couldn't stop smiling. For a moment I imagined seeing my boyfriend like that, in the future... with our child... gosh he'll make a good father.

12. ThePhantomLady

Oh, and I just had a chuckle too... re my boyfriend.

A song called 'Sally' by Hardwell just started playing... last year my boyfriend sent it to me, told me he loved to run to that at the time, because it had an awesome fast beat and loud bass...
    At the time it wasn't funny... he has sent me so many songs over these 18 months, and all of them has a meaning about me or us as a couple... (he is recovering from aphasia and has brain damage, so he has always used music to express himself...) the lyrics go something like "No one can find out that I've been ¤/(%¤/ Sally". Imagine me going "WHO THE HELL IS SALLY???"

Turns out there was no Sally... I am giggling about how silly that was... I guess that happens when you love someone who lives exactly 1000 km away.

13. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I was standing outside having a smoke in my shorts and tshirt. It was a little chilly but not that much more than the rest of the week. I moved to the back of the garden and felt something land on my head. I looked around and saw white blobs falling around me. For a moment I thought a flock of bird's were out to get me, but it turned out to be snow. Not something I was expecting, but I was thankful it was snow, rather than the alternative. Unfortunately it didn't settle, it only snowed a few minutes. So yeah, that made me chuckle for a bit today :D

p.s. Really nice idea for a thread. Thank you for making it.

14. ThePhantomLady

Aw, I LOVE snow! For some reason it almost always snows on my Birthday, I hope it will this year too!

Nithin Adarsh and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  15. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

heres to hoping

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  16. Nithin Adarsh

Nithin Adarsh Banned Member

Today I smiled because I felt okay today.
    Still smiling :)

17. ThePhantomLady

That makes me smile too!

18. booklovr

booklovr Well-Known Member

I smiled at the effervescence of my golden Labrador.toby.
    His excitement on seeing me.hugs and kisses.i never feel more loved than I am with Toby.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  19. ThePhantomLady

I smiled all through my 'cam date' with my LDR boyfriend tonight. We had so much fun and I made the lamest of jokes... I sleep with a Hello Kitty pillow... and just before he had to sign out I showed him that and told him "Now you can tell your friends you got to see my Kitty".

Witty_Sarcasm and Cicada 3301 like this.
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

Aww, so sweet :) Dogs really are man's best friend :)

AdamTide and booklovr like this.