Things that make me smile

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by MissKerouac, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Well-Known Member

I've been on such a rollercoaster today. Have had such major rapid cycles with my moods- mainly going from blind panic, to terribly depressed and now I'm just content at last.

Just thought while I'm feeling ok I'd write some things that make me happy. Maybe so I can come back and look at them when I'm not so great.

The main person I was thinking of is my absolutely lovely boyfriend. We've been dating for 4 months now and he's possibly the most understanding person I've ever known when it comes to the problems I have. He's AMAZING when it comes to dealing with my bipolar. I've never known anyone work so hard to understand it, or who can make me feel better as much as he does.

When he accidently caught a glimps of the scars I've cut into my legs he was imediately very supportive and is constantly checking with me to see if I've done it again. He makes it clear I can talk to him about it whenever I need to and recently when I cut, instead of being upset and disappointed, the first thing he said was how proud he was that I'd managed to go a full 15 days without doing it.

I've told him some of the abuse I went through as a child and he simply takes it all in his stride. He's been with me when I had a "mixed episode" and got up to go for a walk with me at 5am, then let me cry and cry all I needed to while he hugged me. He knows about a suicide attempt I made last year as well and he copes with it amazingly.

We live about an hour away from each other and catch the bus to each other then stay for the week. About a month ago I went through a horrible depressive episode and wanted to be alone. He was so understanding about this and texted me every day or came on msn to see how I was.

He has his own problems too with self image and OCDs and I hope to god I'm helping with that as well as he is with me.

He's simply amazing and I've never known anyone more perfect for me. Sorry for being an absolute soppy idiot, but I'm very much in love with this guy and its something that manages to keep me smiling no matter how blue I feel. :smile: :rolleyes: