Things that youve wondered but felt too stupid to ask

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Kaos General, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ive always wondered what they used in tea before cows milk.

And on that subject what did the first man to milk a cow think he was doing?

Plus what was the best thing before sliced bread?
  2. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

The first man to ever milk a cow was probably a perv.

The best thing before sliced bread was a tie between fire and the wheel. And maybe soap.

-How do you make friends? REAL FRIENDS that stick around and don't just use you?
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Thats easy, trial and error.

If incest is immoral in the bible then who did cain and abel marry if adam and eve was their parents?
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Why are bags potato chips only half full?
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The milk thing is actually quite different than that. The first person to "milk" an animal was a hunter who killed it, then cut open its udder and consumed the milk (as they would consume everything else edible). Agriculture came about long after this occurred, and milking was logical as a result of knowing that the contents of the udder were valuable.

And, uh, they didn't use anything in tea before cow's milk. Tea was originally just boiled water (to kill the bacteria) and then they started flavouring it where appropriate herbs were available. It's much older than regular access to milk would be.
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Why do people insist on using the Bible as a basis for morality?
  7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Before daily showering/bathing, shampoo, soap, underarm deodorant, footspray, flossing/toothpaste and frequent laundering of clothing- just how malodorous were our ancestors? Just what baseline degree of fermenting funk wafted about in public venues? :huh:
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

bluegrey, in medieval cities bodily waste was poured onto the street, and the streets literally ran with sewage. Our bodies were not the biggest problem.
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I suppose stinky armpits were not going to raise an eyebrow then....blaaaaargh! :lol!:
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Society has actually brainwashed us into thinking that to feel accepted or seem sexy to the sex you're interested in, you have to wear deodorant. Our sweat has a natural and unique smell to it which used to be our own oderant. Now we use commercially made cans of it :laugh:.

Learnt that in an English class, can't remember what topic it was on though :blink:.
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Longroad, our natural bodies aren't clothed and the sweat under our armpits can be evaporated with wind/movement. As it is, it stays in there and is digested by bacteria which release foul odours - body odour. Sweat isn't the problem.

Edit: even the natural musk is made by the bacteria, it seems. I still suspect there's a relation between clothing and the finding of armpit odour offensive, with it resisting dissipation even moreso than the already restricted armpit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  12. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

because the air inside protect them to be broke. some harder chips comes with a full bag.
  13. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I've always wondered why glue doesn't dry up in the bottle.

Or who came up with the idea of making food in the shape of animals-it's cruel to bite gummy bear's heads off or dino shaped chiucken nuggets. :laugh:
  14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

To dry, glue needs to be exposed to air. That is why the glue dries if you leave the bottle open or not properly closed.
  15. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

They also sell them by weight and not volume bastards >.<
  16. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

They fill the bags with air thus giving the illusion of more chips...
  17. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

why is it I only feel like sleeping when I have to get up and do things?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.