"things will get better"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kombatx, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kombatx

kombatx Active Member

you know the saying? How much times we say it to others, or get told about that.

Since my last crisis, I'd been told that too. I tried to fight my alcoholism, and even went to a rehab for two weeks - something that should help a person, right?
    Well, I got out of the rehab sick, with swine flu. I didn't have it in really a hard form, so I got ok pretty fast, if not for the cough, that didn't go away.
    And now, after a month, last week, when I went to a doctor about it that persisting annoying cough, I get diagnosed with pulmonary tuberculosis, probably triggered by the flu, or the fact the rehab had really poor conditions and the heating didn't work half the time.

I don't have a temporary job. Because of the damn tuberculosis, I won't get any for a couple more months. Then I need to write a diploma for college, but I can't go to college either for the same time, and honestly, I have no power left to actually do that project. Wherever I look at my life, I see ruin, desolation, and lack of any prospect. How can it get better, I don't know. It's like, even if I magically got rid of my dependance on alcohol, and my health got better, allowing me to do something constructive and start rebuilding everything, there's no real motivation there. There's no one or nothing worth the effort at this point.

I would and probably will kill myself soon, but at the current moment I'm somewhat scared. Not of death, but of lost opportunities. Irrationally, those hypothetical "better" things still linger and tempt me, though, ironically enough, I never knew what they are or could be.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just wanted to let you know that I read your post and send you caring thoughts..J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes things do get worse before they get better I hope you are strong soon and are able to get temp job first thing is to get you healthy one step at a time right take care.

4. kombatx

kombatx Active Member

to be honest, I've never experienced them getting better. Or seen it to happen to others.

5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I dont really say to myself 'things will get better.' I usually say 'il make things better.' good luck

6. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

When you are 40, youll regret more the things you didn't do than the things that you did.

7. kombatx

kombatx Active Member

Not saying I regret something. Though if you mean by living in unbearable conditions, health and state of mind when I'm 40 and regretting not killing myself when there were fewer ties, probably yes, I can see that happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.