Things you hold dear to yourself.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Steffz11, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steffz11

Steffz11 Member

Making this thread so i can get some sort of view of what people hold dear to themselves, and their lives.

Might sound a bit weird, but my cat, is the thing that helps me get through any rough patches, it's always there, never judges me, and is always up for a hug! :smile:

I'd love to hear all of your opinions, obviously your not limited to one, but just something that really helps you.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

two things:

1. my nephews. i love them unconditionally. i am finding it harder and harder to think of leaving them.

2. my art. i think about the photos i have yet to make, the places i have yet to travel. i want to look back over a lifetime of making photos and be able to say "oh yeah, that was my time in ireland...." and that was followed by "my trips to the arctic circle" and "my trip south to see penguins".... :)
  3. Steffz11

Steffz11 Member

Oh god yes, i'd LOVE to see penguins.. or have one for a pet :laugh::laugh:
  4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

first and always foremost, my kids, i couldn't imagine what it would do to them if i left this way
    secondly my silly dog, when she pops out of blankets with her 'lovin' face on
    thirdly my belief that i'd have to repeat another life to make up for such a mistake

These all keep me here and i love them for it but i hate them for it also
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

can suicide forum count? :hiding:
  6. Steffz11

Steffz11 Member

Of course it can, anything can.
  7. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

My dearest friend, S, who I would do anything for. I never thought I could love anyone like I love her. She keeps me going
  8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Fighting – I do it competitively, and thinking of all the work I’ve put in to make myself good enough to fight how I do, makes me not want to put it to waist. Maybe I can make it big, ya know? Optimism.

My girlfriend – Shes the reason I wake up in the morning. She has kept me from suicide to many times to count.
  9. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

my daughter, my grandaughter, and digger my dog!!
  11. SomethingSimple

SomethingSimple New Member

really had to think about this one due to the state of mind i'm in right now, but, i would have to say... breakfast in the morning. i luv having my cereal in the morning...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.