• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Things

IDontWantToDie

People who think that having a stupid car or a big house will make them happy are dumb. The neverending chase after technology, furniture, clothes, even status... its all shit.
Love is not for sale.
Your life will be always shit. As long as loneliness fucks with your heart. As long as your life is empty and with no meaningfull people in it. As long as you are surrounded by props... liars... and hate.

Shopping malls are dreams. We sleep there. Forgetting about everything. Things are like drugs. Never enough. And when they are enough, we realise they don't make us happy.
I have everything material, but thats all... and somehow it feels like i have nothing.
I have nothing because i am not even all by myself. I have abandoned myself somewhere... and now i have nothing.

johnDoen

People who think that having a stupid car or a big house will make them happy are dumb. The neverending chase after technology, furniture, clothes, even status... its all shit.
Love is not for sale.
Your life will be always shit. As long as loneliness fucks with your heart. As long as your life is empty and with no meaningfull people in it. As long as you are surrounded by props... liars... and hate.

Shopping malls are dreams. We sleep there. Forgetting about everything. Things are like drugs. Never enough. And when they are enough, we realise they don't make us happy.
I have everything material, but thats all... and somehow it feels like i have nothing.
I have nothing because i am not even all by myself. I have abandoned myself somewhere... and now i have nothing.
The chase you mentioned is not a pursuit of happiness or love but a search for a temporal fulfillment in life. Having a new car, a big house or a new smartphone are often considered an achievement in life. The same thing with having high income, being pretty or handsome, having followers on social media, etc.

It's a shit life if you keep chasing after those things but not everyone is able to escape. Not me, maybe not you either, we are far from successfully escaped. The good thing is that we have made the first steps of realization and taking small actions.

Find joy in the little things we do and have everyday. The fact that I am still alive, though wanting to die every day. A bag of local-made candies and a carton of local coconut milk. A relatively quiet and cozy evening.

You have more than nothing. The realization is not something everyone have.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I totally get you on that. Those who are consumed by materialism are usually never fully satisfied or happy. I've witnessed this so many times over the years. On many occasions, soon as something is acquired, it's put down and abondoned as the chase for something else once again resumes. Seduction by consumerism, and the expectations of society and it's beliefs which drives many towards this shit.

Quite a few times I've been asked, "what is the one thing you would like?" Others may say, hous car, etc, but I've usually answered, "peace of mind." Maybe freeing oneself from desires, I don't know, may help to attain that freedom of mind.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00