Think about it Every Day

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FemmeFatale, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale New Member

I haven't cut (or burned, bruised etc) in almost a year. I'm VERY proud of myself but... I still think about it every single day.

Every time I get upset, every time I just can't handle "everything," my mind wanders around the business end of a razor...

I guess the reason I'm posting this is to

A) Ask if it's like that for any of you

and

B) Say that I think I'm slipping and won't be able to last much longer. That everything is just getting so ... horrible that the only way I'll be able to snap myself out of it is with a good butchering.

:unsure:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No there are other ways just harder to do thats all. Like removing your tool of trade and going for a long walk until urge is over. Like take warm bath do something useful with your hands bake something draw something write out what your feeling lots of things to distract you Listen to music read go shopping just don't do one thing you fought it this long keep fighting it okay stay safe

3. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Self harm isnt an easy thing to give up Ive been "clean" for somewhere around 5-6 months (ive never been able to keep count) and think about it a lot. Some of the most used cliques (cant spell either) are the best. Think about other things maybe draw or write happy things. Do something that you enjoy.

You might have been told those kinds of things a lot before but they work pretty well. I really didnt think they would help but getting your emotions out by drawing or writing helps me a lot. Hope I helped stay strong.

4. iceblink

iceblink Member

I do, even when I don't really feel like actually doing it I think about it, every day.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You've done fantastically! You should be so proud of yourself, and nothing can take away that achievement.

Try to remember that a thought is just that, a thought. It doesn't have to mean anything; it may just be that this is how your thought processes work, but thinking about something and doing something are world's apart. I 'hang myself' all the time and my previous therapist said that it was normal for me that I do that, but doesn't necessarily mean anything, positive or negative. It only carries weight if you pay attention to it. If you can discard it as a thought, and not pay attention to it then it may get easier.

Hang in there and keep talking.

6. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

You've done great the last year... why stop there? I know it can be hard, but think about how much prouder your going to be when you make it through the tough parts in your life without it, it will be like you don't even need it anymore.

If you DO end up resorting to self harm, a relapse isn't the end of the world. I've been doing it on and off the last 4 months. I'm in therapy and on medication to control my depression, and that helps a lot.

7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im thinking & doing the same :(

8. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

You are right to feel proud of yourself,each hour day week or month you can fight this is an achievment.
    I find it hard to resist the thoughts and urges,and i go through times i give in,but im learning to accept these times.

Keep talking and try as many distractions, there is probably ones you havent tried yet.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.