Think you have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is it for me. Before I leave this crappy planet I want to put my story out there so here goes.

11 years ago I had an accident while at work that screwed up my back so bad I lost just about everything I had. I was working in another state for my company and they I was denied workers comp because each state was laying responsibility to the other. This led me to live in my van in the woods. While living in the woods I came across some people that were willing to let me use their shower and sleep on their couch. These people were Tweaks or Meth Heads. So while staying with these people on and off I ended up becoming a Tweak also. One day I met this little 15 year old tweak girl and next thing I know her dad was running around saying I was having sex with her. I call every law enforcement agency around and explained to them that I was doing no such thing but little did I know I was being targeted for arrest and prosecution. Another homeless guy that can't afford a decent defense has got to be a district attorney's wet dream. To make a long story short I got convicted of having sex with someone I don't even know and am now a sex offender for the rest of my life. Just for teh record, I did not have sex with that girl.
Now. My back. I ended up having BAK fusion on L5 S1 and it didn't turn out so well. I am in pain every waking second of everyday. I cannot work for more than three months at a time. My sister offered to help me out with all kinds of things but it ends up that she says things because they feel good at the time and doesn't really mean it.
Things I would like to see happen over this.
Workers Comp needs to be re worked.
Law Enforcement needs to be held accountable when they break the law.
People need to watch what they say and what they offer others. Don't offer the world and then get mad when the people you offered the world to are standing there asking WTF.
Other than that.
I have <Mod Edit: methods> that are going down. I'm sure I will feel nothing and just go to sleep never to wake again. I have no problem going to hell as I have been living there for years already.
One more thing. While I was on probation for this sex offense I came across several people that were in the same situation I was in. People that either didn't have the money or the education to protect themselves for over zealous district attorneys. These few people i know did not commit their crimes. The Duke case comes to mind. Anyway, next time someone starts screaming Sex Offender take a second, there is a very small chance they did nothing in the first place.
Anyway. I'm out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SadDude1980

I said a prayer that God lift you out of the horrific situation you described. Even if that be a peaceful passing, or whatever it may be.

almosteasy

Well if you posted the story for empathy you certainly have mine. Its terrible to have to go through so much at no fault on your part. The statutory rape law of our country has got to be one of the most flawed part of our justice system. A lot of young men have been branded the title "sex offender" for having sex with their gf and the parents having a problem with it. Or in your case a parent falsely accusing you.

M

Midnight-Soul

That is a extraordinarily sad story and I doubt nothing I could say would make any difference to you now. It reminds me of a film I watched a while ago called capturing the friedmans. It took a while hunting this down on the internet so you can watch it but I hope it provides something for you, if only to know you aren't alone suffering injustice. Mainly focus on the story of Jesse, only a boy, who was convicted on rediculous charges and on the guilty plea of his father which dragged him down too, he spent 15 years in prison for it, he was released a few years ago and is still trying to get his name cleared. The film won awards and really brings into light the hysteria around child abuse which a lot of the time can destroy innocent lives in the frenzy.
Capturing the Friedmans

middleofnowhere

I've seen several young men thrown in jail and then labeled sex offenders when they either did nothing or it was consensual. Many lies and half truths come out of these situations. It has angered me enough to write letters to the local small town editor and that has resulted in law enforcement not liking me.

My daughter was sexually assaulted three months ago, and is going through a very difficult process of healing and of dealing with a very slow justice system. Her rapist is in jail on unrelated drug charges, and he's well known to law enforcement.

So, I've been on both sides of the track. Neither side is pleasant.

Changes always are needed in our justice system because it's made up of imperfect people who make imperfect decisions and set imperfect policies. Some are vindictive while others show compassion. I've dealt with both. Amazing that some of these men and women keep getting re-elected. Most of their constituents are clueless and believe what they read in their voter's pamphlet. Pretty sad.

No one should have to live with all of your circumstances. The medical system should be seeing to your care and comfort. The justice system apparently needs to reevaluate their methods. I'm sorry those things haven't happened to help you, and that you have to live with the consequences.

Life is seldom fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00