thinking about dying young

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by palmtrees, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I'm pretty young by most people's standards (26) but at the same time everyone around me is starting to buy houses, get married, have a career, have a family. I'm not interested in any of that. I just want what most people started to get 5 or 10 years ago, like feelings of acceptance and love, serious relationships, sense of belonging and purpose. I'm not going to end up 40 or 50 years old looking back with regrets about what I could have had or didn't do. I feel like there's a sense of mystery to people who go out young (James Dean, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, 2Pac Shakur, Heath Ledger, etc.). Everyone else gets older but these people's image is always a person in their 20s with amazing potential. I'm never going to be anything special but for some reason I want people to think I could have been. I just can't see myself transitioning to the next phases of life, I'm still basically a teenager. I think about this stuff a lot, every birthday is starting to bother me and I wish I had more time not in LIFE but in YOUTH.
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: i'm sorry you're considering this when you could be doing something to make what you really want come true instead ... i know you don't see it for yourself, but if you try, who knows where you'll end up - even happy and content, wanting AND having what those other people want.
    please think about this xx

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

ya know,
    there are alot of young folks in the same situation. i didnt have a real relationship until i was 36. so many times we insist on being like " OTHERS".
    dont compare yourself to anyone. we are all differant. if we allow ourself to be consumed by what others have we end up with very low self esteem and self worth.
    theres no reason that you cant make something of yourself ... not based on what others think or have.
    to many ppl want to keep up with the jones or be like them.

dont be something your not. be you. if things in your life arnt happening fast enough for you in your life .. change the way you think ... and most important, change the way you think about yourself.
    most everyone that i knew in high school, now have family, houses and have almost or grown up kids. I DONT. so what. sure it would be nice, but thats not the way things went for me.
    i may never be able to own my own home, but there are plenty of qualities that I DO HAVE. the same thing for you.

stop and think about what you are thinking about and change your way of thinking.

things will start moving along when you do,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.