Thinking about ending it all...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ziva, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziva

Ziva Well-Known Member

I know I posted similar messages before, but this time I'm serious (I know I said that before as well but this time I'm just sick of it all). There has been a lot of stuff going on, and I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm thinking maybe sometime this week, like tonight or Friday, I might leave....who knows.

I went to a counsellor at a hospital that specializes in mental health crisis issues, and I'm not kidding, I was dismissed within 20 minutes. WTF. I told the woman I was supposed to see about this, but she dismissed me and said mr problems weren't that bad. Ok, I have been cutting myself(not enough to do serious damage like leave scars), and attepted suicide about eight times in December. And when I went to see the person at the hospital(I didn't know who she was, it was just someone I got), she basically ignored me and said "Wel your problems aren't that bad" even after I showed her the cuts and told her about the big suicide attempt I made the day before(I overdosed on these pills I was prescribed big time). Anyway, sorry for the rant, just giving an idea on what our health care system is like, especially the mental health care system, in the place I live.
    The court case is still worrying me, it sounds stupid but I think the judge will take the woman's side given that she is older and is like 45 years old.

Sorry everyone if it seems like I'm complaining, I've been told that before.
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Don't apologise for feeling,just please treat yourself well and be okay. :)
  3. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

If the mental health system is not there for you when you need it, you need to be there for yourself. Tell yourself positive affirmations, or try reading or listening to books or music that encourage or enforce positive thinking. It is not easy living in a world where not everyone wants to help you, or even cares about you, but there are people who do, and you should be number one on that list. If you are not, ask yourself why and make a concerted effort to take baby steps to make sure you maintain your health and wellbeing. It seems you are feeling overwhelmed, but that does not mean there is no hope for you to handle life. You may not be able to get through everything the way you'd like to the first time, but maintaining a couple of goals and reaching them will give you motivation to continue. Stay positive.
  4. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hey Ziva :hug:,

Seems like you are very dissapointed with the mental health care system. You do know you can report this issue to your local police station who can act upon it for you. Could you try and call a support helpline when you need to vent, you can get them to speak to someone, how does that sound?

If the mental ealth systen lets you down you may need to start supporting yourself more, there are many strategies to do this that you can talk to other members hear and in chat how does that sound?

Keep yourself bust and motivated and not fall down. There are many things to keep your mood up, you can also discuss this in chat with other members who can support you.

Take care :cheekkiss:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.