Thinking about giving up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Now no one have the right to tell me that i didn't tried hard enough.
    Years of medical treatment, years of fighting, i tried everything!
    I even do sports, bodybuilding, on a professional level, I run, I do all sorts of hobbies many of which are health related like sport focused hobbies and healthy diets and healthy way of life, its all fucken bullshit and everyone lied to me!!!! they said that time and treatment and healthy way of life will make me feel so much better, well fuck you!!! fuck you for lying to me!!!

i tried:
    12 years of medical treatment and professional help
    months of hard work including gym, workouts, running, and diving
    following healthy diets, and avoiding low quality foods
    enriching my life with hobbies and keeping myself busy
    traveling the world
    quit smoking
    avoiding alcohol completely
    having a relationship with a beautiful girl that cares for me

fuck this! i just have to end this good for nothing of a life
    suffering for more then 12 years, at this stage a person who is not depressed but suffering in any other way will have the right to ask for an assisted suicide from his doctor, but not for a depressed person, we dont have the right to stop it, we only have the right to keep on suffering for years and years and years.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Summer, I'm so sorry that you're feeling this badly. I know depression well, suffered with it most of my life and anxiety/panic attacks. It does get very discouraging. I just wondered if during the twelve years if there were times that you felt better than you do now. I know with me, depression comes in waves, I've taken many different medications, some worked some didn't. It's a struggle trying the new medications, specially getting off the old ones before starting.
    I hope you feel better soon, it sounds like you have a lot of good things in your life.
    bobbob likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, I am not going to tell you that you have not tried hard enough, it wouldn't be my place anyway but from what I have seen of you throughout the last 7 years, you have come a long way, I remember you being unemployed and wanting to go to the UK. You have come a LONG way and no one can take that away from you. Just please think about things, think about where you could be this time next year or the year after. I know holding onto hope is extremely difficult but you will get there. I do believe that. Good luck to you.
    bobbob likes this.