Thinking about going on a trip

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Im really suffering lately, im off my meds because they make me feel bad
    im in pain and got mood swings

but with all that, its been for a while now that i really want to travel, by foot, across the nation.
    to go to a trip, several days of walking, solo, sleeping under the sky, enjoying the wildness.

any tips?
  2. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

make sure u let people know your going and where your going pleanty of water and pleanty of food stay safe hun
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

A lot of careful planning on route is usually more successful and less likely to abruptly end prior to tp planned, though the desire to just"walk as the wind takes you" is enticing. If you plan where you intend to stop and make markers for yourself along the way you can manage progress easier and not end up in an inconvenient place to sleep at the end of a day.No saying if you see a place you want to stop you cant decide to interrupt the plan/adjust it, just that you will know in your mind how far is left before stopping which makes the walk easier and feeling like progress. Without planned endpoints and mile markers it feels like walking in a treadmill and that you are not really making "progress" to many leading them to quit sooner than planned.

So far as meds, clearly meds should be used for a purpose and if the purpose is not being met then they need to be changed/ended/adjusted but just like you cannot start them by yourself, you need a dr prescription, you should not end on your own either without the same guidance. If is already done and all is fine and better great, but never forget that there was a reason that you started them and watch carefully for the early signs of those reasons returning. Things like "I am really suffering lately", "pain", and "mood swings" do not inspire confidence in the decision to stop getting supports without careful consultation of alternatives.
    betteroffunknown likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.