Thinking about going vegan...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ZzZzZzZz, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZzZzZzZz

ZzZzZzZz Member

The thing is, my job is extremely physically demanding and I'm usually too tired to cook for myself when I get home.

Do you guys know of any really cheap/easy vegan dishes? Links to sites with recipes would be much appreciated.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about it specifically [I'm also pondering vegan...] but one time-tested solution is to cook a large amount on a day off and eat leftovers all week.
  3. ZzZzZzZz

ZzZzZzZz Member

yeah that's a good idea... thanks. Still browsing around at different recipes, still open to suggestions.
  4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

there are sooooooooooo many different vegan recipes and dishes that are amazing - including indian dishes like chana masala, rice dishes, loads of stuff .. uh veganbits has a few links to recipe sites which are great :) Sites

i'm not vegan but i'd love to be able to be one - milk is my weakness :(
    but other than that i'm pretty much vegan :)
  5. ZzZzZzZz

ZzZzZzZz Member

cool, thanks for the link.
  6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

here is a good website with a ton of recipes and people post pictures of the food they make and some of the stuff looks awesom
  7. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

The best thing is a Salad. Lettuce, cucumbers, green/red peppers, carrots, and some Italian Dressing. Soo good.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Why would you want to be vegan? =/
  9. ZzZzZzZz

ZzZzZzZz Member

thanks dude, I'm going to look into this and the other links in this thread more in depth tomorrow and I plan on hitting the grocery store later in the day to pick up some of this stuff...

yeah man but I can't go on nothing but salads

why not?

1) I'm not going to be strictly vegan, I just plan on cutting back huge on meats and eating vegan dishes as often as possible.

2) I'm a huge "animal rights" nut or whatever you wanna call it... but not willing to go so far as to exclude all meats from my diet. Hard to deny the purpose of canines... shall approach in a rational manner

3) :mortdesinos:
  10. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

because it is healthier and the food tastes better

not to mention it is much better for the environment

and you dont have to kill and slaugther innocent animals to get your food
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.