Thinking about how to do it...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by blue_snafu, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue_snafu

blue_snafu Member

So even though when I started feeling suicidal last night, I called people and have sought help, I've found that in the last 24 hours since then I am actually going towards making more and more of a concrete plan as to how to do it.

Has anyone else ever done that?
    Should I tell the people who are trying to help me that this is what is happening? Or will it make it seem as if I don't really want their help (maybe I don't...)?

Or maybe I'm just too much of a coward to commit to either one of these options: to live or to die.
    How does one decide?

How does anyone decide how they want to do it? What are the factors?
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Please be truthful with the people who are trying to help you. Be sure to talk to crisis as well. Keep posting here, it will help to get it out.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should talk it out with people you trust.. You can always come here and talk to any of us..
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Yes,I have done that many many times!
    I think you should tell the people that are trying to help you. You need to be honest with them if you want their help. Good luck :hug:
  5. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi Blue,

Yes I've done that. I think you need to tell the people around you while you still want help so that when you don't want it, they will still see the warning signs to be able to help you.

I hope you feel better soon!
  6. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

If you tell people about what's going on then I don't see how they could interpret that as you not wanting help. Seek help wherever you can, you seem lucky you have people like that who care for you, take advantage of that :)
  7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum

do try and be as honest as possible with the people who are there to help you sweet - thats the best way to get the best help for you rather than leaving people second guessing what you are thinking :hug:

feel free to post here and i hope you find there is a lot of support here and make some friends
  8. blue_snafu

blue_snafu Member

I think the hardest thing is distinguishing between the people who actually care about how I feel and the people who are merely concerned that I don't get blood on their carpet.

Does it ever seem that way to anyone?

I'm afraid to tell them that the suicidal thoughts are getting worse, not better, because I don't want them to think that I am not trying.

I feel like I have to be polite, and tell them that their efforts are working.

I feel like maybe they have already tried their best, and I am just beyond help. This is the way I will have to feel for the rest of my life.

How is one supposed to distinguish between all these things to even try to begin to feel better?
  9. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

This is a very difficult question.
    I think that depends on what country you are in, what your social status is and how strong the urges are.
    In some countries you can easily lose your rights by admitting that you have mental problems. You can lose your job if it requires a mentally stable worker, right to protect yourself with a firearm.. etc.

I have have a friend who's father had minor mental problems that went on record. When he died he left her his house and other stuff. Turns out his neighbor knew about this and he said that the diseased promised him part of the house in exchange for care. He lied, of course. The will was contested and to make this story short the neighbor got his share.
    That happened in California.

I'd rather have my rights then pills that don't do to my body any good anyway. But that's just me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.