Thinking about it only makes it worse - ignoring brings temporary relief

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pp272, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pp272

pp272 Member

So I just moved to a new state, and it's getting difficult. I feel very alone, and have been experiencing increasingly suicidal thoughts and temptations. Unfortunately, the only respite I have is when I try and flat-out ignore the problem. It's been a similar pattern when dealing with anxiety and depression - when I have to confront and address the topic of depression with my therapist, it makes it significantly worst. The times she thinks I have make the best progress is when I have actually shoved everything away and tried to ignore these feelings.
    And moving state means I need to find new doctors. And I am just tired of everything, just exhausted. I've been hanging on by my fingernails for too long, and if I were to die now, totally fine. Honestly, the thought actually provides a moment of peace and calm.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can relate to you as you need keep yourself busy in order to avoid and suppress the feelings you feel. The important thing you need to understand is that LIFE is important. Anxiety and depression is not nice to live with. I appreciate the new surroundings and trying to find new friends is even harder. The important thing is THAT YOU DO NOT ACT ON YOUR FEELINGS. I know it's hard but it's about taking one day at a time.

Welcome to the forum and keep posting to for support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.