Thinking about it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by schniffy, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schniffy

schniffy Member

I thought it cant get any worse but today I really hit the bottom. These horrible thought's of death and dying are with me all the time. I am thinking about method's all day. I called a crisis hotline for the first time today it helped a little maybe.
    I tried to make an appointment to see a doc for med's but everybody has like 3 month's waiting time or they don't take my insurance I am so frustrated.
    Don't know where else to turn.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

call crisis again okay and talk to them they will help you know where to turn. Call hospital or go there and get some help don't handle this alone okay call crisis and tell them you need help as your thoughts won't go away
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

go to the ER.
  4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

HI, I am glad you found us here!

This place is can talk about anything and you will make great friends as I have. I hope the doctors come through for you, I tell people to call everyday about mid-morning to see it there have been any cancellations..bug them and they will fit you in or there will be a me on this one I know a bit of how doctors operate.

I don't know if you are still here or not but I care about what you are going through and you can talk all you want I will listen!

Take care and I hope to get to know you better,
  5. schniffy

schniffy Member

Well I called again. Maybe the guy had a bad day or something I was disappointed they acted like they don't give a crap.
    I will try again later hopefully I get to talk to somebody else. I know most of them trying to do their best. I am feeling cursed NOTHING works for me lately. At least I was able to sleep last night but I need a lot of sleeping pills. As soon as I wake up I feel down again this is much worse then how I used to feel. I was on anti depressants before and I thought I knew what depression was what's going on right now is so much worse I wish I could describe it better. Everyday is HELL. I am still going to work hoping to get my mind distracted but I am still thinking about it ALL THE TIME. It's like a recording playing OVER and OVER How do I get this out of my head I know it's wrong. Any other suggestion's PLEASE. I am worried it's just a matter of time now, I can't stop this pain.
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I can hear you are in a lot of pain....
    someone suggested the hospital...have you thought about this option?...may be quicker than others.....
    I'm glad you are trying to help your self..that offers you some hope...
    keep trying and please don't hurt yourself...
  7. schniffy

schniffy Member

Thank You all. This forum has helped me tremendously.
    I found a hospital I can go to it's open 24/7. I will go Friday morning I take a day off.
    I am just worried I will loose custody of my son with all these mental issues.
    I hope that's not gonna happen. I keep thinking about this guy I knew he killed himself because he was worried they would take his children away if he goes to the doctor.
  8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I think that they won't take your son away and now you will have your head together better so you can be a better father, that is a good thing, no a great thing!

Good luck with it and we are here for you. Bambi
  9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know the feelings and the shit luck you're facing. But you are doing the right things!!! Keep plugging away at all the options you are finding to getting better. Call the crisis unit again. Here where I live they have Crisis Stabilitation Units. This particular one can accommadate 8 people, they are staffed at all times with the minimum of 1 nurse and one counselor and up to 2-3 nurses and several counselors during the day hours. They can step in and get you referals and doc appoints much faster than you can on your own. They can also offer resources you may not be aware of that mght help your situation (s). There are 2 support groups offered daily with just the people that are staying at the unit at the time. This one is set up in a huge old house so it is very comfortable and relaxing. And the best is being with other people that are suffering the same "problems" that I am. I think the best therapy is when we sit and talk amongst ourselves. After your initial 24 hours they assess you and you are allowed time away from the unit for walks, to go shopping, appointments etc. Call and ask if the crisis line there offers anything like that or is aware of anything similar in your area. Or try calling the hospital or mental health offices in your area. It's amazing the things that are available that we dont know about til we find the right place to start looking.

I have 4 children and have had several attempts. My best advice regarding your child is to see if you can arrange for someone you know to look after your child while you take advantage of whatever service you decide to use to try and get some help and rest. The second and then my most current attempt resulting in child services getting involved. It's not a pleasant experience for the parent (a lot of red tape involved in getting your child (ren) back). So please look into finding yourself some help from a crisis or suicide unit or the hospital. Or even talk to your gp and see if he cant refer you to a therapist or pdoc.

Another option is finding a support group in your area. Again being in a room with people that are or have been where you are is such a great help. And they too can offer resources and support you probably dont even know exists.

And of course you have here. You wont be judge or looked down upon for talking about your true feelings and thoughts. The very ones that are running your life right now but are considered too taboo to share with others. I think that is the biggest help a person can find throughout these struggles with mental health issues and thoughts and urges of suicide. Keep taking all these little steps. They will start to get bigger and help you move ahead. :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.