• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Thinking about money is making me stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4RL4

I have been opened a window to get some extra money on my account, now that I have that money it would feel really cool, huh?
Wrong
Since sometime ago, I been longging for having a new cellphone. Said like that sounds just frivolous, but the reality is that my actual device is crumbling, literally, the battery doesn't last, it doesn't charge properly, it doesn't have sound for whatever reason.
I never had a brand a new cellphone on my own, it was always second hand giveaways from friends and family.
But that's the least of my problems, I can't get myself to decide how much I actually really need this or not, I can't stop stressing over if maybe is better saving the money, about what if's presents on my way and I end up on need of money and don't have any.
For me and peace of mind, having extra cash been feeling more like a burden than a blessing.
I will feel totally better giving it away than carry the weight of administrating it myself.
I feel so hopeless when I loss my mind over anything...

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Put into perspective how much you use your phone, as much as, yeah, it probably is a bit more of a material purchase, do you spend a lot of time on your phone or if you don't now, would you with a brand new one? Yes? Well maybe a brand new phone would be good for you. You want a new phone but you also want to balance, maybe setting some money aside for if something happens and you need the money? Yes? Well maybe have a look at secondhand phones, in a good condition and you'll have a bit of money left over. You don't need the new phone at all and you think you can cope with all the problems it has? Yes? Well don't get a phone and save the money.

You deserve to have guilt free money, you can spend on whatever you want.

C4RL4

Put into perspective how much you use your phone, as much as, yeah, it probably is a bit more of a material purchase, do you spend a lot of time on your phone or if you don't now, would you with a brand new one? Yes? Well maybe a brand new phone would be good for you. You want a new phone but you also want to balance, maybe setting some money aside for if something happens and you need the money? Yes? Well maybe have a look at secondhand phones, in a good condition and you'll have a bit of money left over. You don't need the new phone at all and you think you can cope with all the problems it has? Yes? Well don't get a phone and save the money.

You deserve to have guilt free money, you can spend on whatever you want.
Also this, the idea of a second hand cellphone terrifies me a bit, because the possibilities of being tricked, that it will last less, is going to have missing things, it opens a whole new door of anxieties.
Purchasing a moderately cheap new cellphone is suposed to give me some sort of peace on the idea I wont have to worry about those details.
Whoever, I do believe I'll be able to save money, is just that I'm not used to expend this much on a single purchase, and I feel worried about all the things that could possible go wrong if I spend this amount of money.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Also this, the idea of a second hand cellphone terrifies me a bit, because the possibilities of being tricked, that it will last less, is going to have missing things, it opens a whole new door of anxieties.
Purchasing a moderately cheap new cellphone is suposed to give me some sort of peace on the idea I wont have to worry about those details.
Whoever, I do believe I'll be able to save money, is just that I'm not used to expend this much on a single purchase, and I feel worried about all the things that could possible go wrong if I spend this amount of money.
Well I wouldn't say buying secondhand off someone on eBay or something, that would be a hell of a lot more anxiety for you! I bought a secondhand phone though and it's done me pretty nicely for a year. I get what you mean about buying brand new now though, I thought it was more to do with just spending the money outright with none left that's all! Would you be able to spend out on insurance for it, for any more peace of mind at all? *hug

C4RL4

Well I wouldn't say buying secondhand off someone on eBay or something, that would be a hell of a lot more anxiety for you! I bought a secondhand phone though and it's done me pretty nicely for a year. I get what you mean about buying brand new now though, I thought it was more to do with just spending the money outright with none left that's all! Would you be able to spend out on insurance for it, for any more peace of mind at all? *hug
Oh, yeah, I been dedicately looking around, checking prices, and models, and offers, and there's devices that come with a one year warranty.
I been up front searching a lot because of how doubtful I been about it, and I want to find one I know is going to be me useful and not going to leave me with an empty wallet.
Either way, I certainly feel more calm now ^_^ Thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$185.00
Goal
$255.00