• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Thinking about suicide everyday

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
welcome to SF we are a peer community that cares but never judges. please look at the forums and post when you feel comfortable or go to chat if you prefer real time. i'm sorry that you suffer those thoughts so much @anveg .

the best way to deal with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis is to distract yourself as much as possible. watching movies or listening to movies will help as well as a hobby that you can be passionate about. and if you haven't already, talk to your doctor, he/she may be able to give you meds or refer you to counseling. and someone is always here if you need to talk to someone.

mike...*hug*shake

SillyOldBear

SF grey-haired bear 🐻
Staff Alumni
I wish I had an answer. I think about it every day too. Usually just an 'automatic' thought. But sometimes it can get rather serious.

Am glad found us though. And please feel free the share why you feel this way

Hi @anveg, welcome to the forums, we're glad to have you here. I'm presuming you're struggling with suicidal thoughts at the moment. A lot of people on this forum have suffered with suicidal thought, most of them regularly.

There are many ways you could potentially deal with your suicidal thoughts - different ways might work for different people. Medication and therapy are common methods people use to help with their suicidal thoughts. You could also try distracting yourself with a hobby etc. whenever you have suicidal thoughts. For a lot of people avoiding drugs and alcohol that could potentially make the suicidal thoughts worse works. Talking about how you're feeling with someone else might also help.

I hope you can feel a bit better soon. Stay safe. *brohug

Sorry that you're going through this Anveg
How do you deal with that?
Usually there's a way to make things better so that you feel glad to be alive.

Most people respond to a treatment method, whether it's a conventional, alternative, or self-treatment. This link has some information about treatment methods

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

You're welcome to say more about what's going on if you'd like.

I hope something can help

Jezah81

I think of it everyday too. Only distractions help. And if you suffer from a Clinical problem, medication may help, but only a health professional can help you there

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
I'm just like you, my friend.

Sometimes, you will just want to sit down to think about what are the things that you enjoy the most in this life of yours.
A movie? A song? A painting? A friendship? An achievement? A hobby? A faith? A community? A romance?
When you found something, go for them. If not, try something new, weird or bizzare but legal, things that you may want to say "No way!" in the first time. In my case, it was drawing.
Perhaps, nothing is enough to free you from the suicidal thoughts you are having right now, but at least life may feel less horrible for once in a while.

JDot

1 Peter 5:7
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @anveg It's understandable to think about suicide when you're in pain. If you haven't yet, I would recommend you speak to your doctor. It can make a big difference. Idk what I'd do without my meds. Speaking to a therapist can also make a difference if you can afford it. I recommend reading Feeling Good by Dr. Steve Burns. That book has helped me a lot. There are a few other books that have helped. Message me if you're interested.

Ruben

Hee Anveg. I hope you will read this and your hearth gets encouraged. Here is what I know about suicide.
When people commit suicide, they don’t say:
“I want to stop living”
They do say:
“I want to be loved”

So it's a prayer that says, bring my body back home. You know, God is a God who sees. He sees your pain and suffering. Tell Him everything that you struggle with. Tell Him about your suicidal thoughts. He cares and doesn't condemn you. He will let you know, that you are not alone.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @anveg

Welcome to the forum, would you like to tell us more about yourself and your situation?

If you're seeking comfort, compassion, people that can relate and understanding you have come to the right place and I hope you stay here *hug

As for your question;

Have you been to your doctor? If so, what have they suggested? Are you on medication? Please share more and we will try and help as much as we can. We may be usernames and avatars but we do care.

If you are in immediate danger and that's what led you to here please call someone in real life or go to the emergency department, they can help, if you don't want to do that call the crisis nurses at your local hospital who will be able to advise too.

I wish you the best of luck moving forward and in your recovery. *hug

Suicide IS preventable.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00