Thinking about the future makes me want to kill myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bluegreenbirdy, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluegreenbirdy

Bluegreenbirdy New Member

I do not want to get married and become a housewife. I do not want kids. I do not want to be someone's slave and have them order me around. I want to be free and do as I please. I don't want anyone to control me.

I am a muslim girl who is born in an western society but still have to fear so many things. I did not have a choice in anything ever since I was born. Everything was already decided for me and I just have to accept it. If I don't, there will be terrible consequences.

Being a girl should not be a punishment but it is. Life would be so much easier if I was a guy.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm not really sure what to say but I want you to know you are being heard. I am not a muslim so I guess I don't fully understand. Have you told anyone in your family your fears or have you kept it from them?

3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Bluegreenbirdy,
    Not all Muslim men are controlling, however difficult with elders in the family. If you do ever meet the right guy you might want to marry and have children. Just thank elders for advice, but make your own decision on childcare/household matters etc. Have your own career/job if you wish to, I hope your family will understand if you explain to them how you feel about issues. Things have changed, just hard for some families to accept. I am not Muslim either, but I have worked with Muslim families in the past.
    You do have the right to be independent, I just hope you are happy in whatever route you take. Terrible how many women are treated like slaves, I hope this changes real soon.
    Take care
    Kate

4. Pertokeyo

Pertokeyo Banned Member

If you are in a western society, then you have the opportunity to join the ever expanding diversity. If you don't like the idea of a Muslim man controlling you then find somebody who is not a Muslim man, but is dedicated to letting you believe and even empowering your beliefs through freedom of expression. Islam is not about control, it's about belief, and if you're being controlled by Muslim man, then you're being controlled by something that isn't Islam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.