thinking of suicide? [religious topic]

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DentinhoO, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DentinhoO

DentinhoO New Member

to any1 that is really thinking about ending your precious life.. plz keep on reading this...
    I am 16 and i am Christian..
    i have some friends at school that were thinking about killing themselves over some family issues ow maybe they just couldnt stop thinking about the reason why NOT to kill themselves...
    so here's what i have to say...
    after you try everything and if you sure that NO ONE loves you just remember that one being loved you since the beginning of time and his name is Jesus...
    if you think i am stupid by saying this... you got nothing else to lose...
    just try it... look for a christian church... talk to the pastor.. open up to him/her...
    read the bible because trust me that really works...
    no one wants you dead... that's just dirty thoughts that keep coming to teenagers minds...
    i just think that thinking about suicide os useless...
    stop listening to those horrid dark songs *for those who like metalcore, hardcore music* im not saying that if you listen to those kind of songs will lead you to think about it but some of the songs are subliminal messages that will eventually lead you to thinking about suicide...
    so you have NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE so please LOOK FOR A CHURCH & OPEN UP TO SOME1...
    your life is worth a lot more then you think.. and no one would like to see some1 as important as you go way like that

So i hope you guys give it a shot =)
    TTUGL :wink: :tongue:
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Re: thinking of suicide?

Hmmm... more crap.... ha well I WOULD turn to the Christian Church. But my respect and beliefe in the church died years ago.

You see I was a lutheran, forced to be by my mom. I lived in the area near Columbine High School... in fact one of the people who attended my church was one of the "killers". Well you see after he died his parents went to my pastor and asked my pastor to do his funeral. And my pastor being a true christian did the funeral. But guess what OOOOHHHH NOOOOO the church could not be affiliated with someone who did that. So you know what YOUR FUCKING CHURCH DID? Guess Gues come on I dare you.....
  3. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I don't believe in church either,just wasting time for nothing.
  4. Re: thinking of suicide?

So, lets get this straight... you're telling me that Jesus loves me? Can you also tell me how he might be showing me his love? Because I tell you this, I do not feel it. I do not see it. I do not believe it.

Oh, and incidentally, you might want to revise your opinions a little on who gets suicidal thoughts. It is not[/u] just teenagers, by the way. And please think about perhaps not sounding quite so preachy - it puts a lot of people off.
  5. DoubledStratum

DoubledStratum Well-Known Member

Organised religion is no answer. The problems of most individuals cannot be healed by integration into an institution that follows defunct moral codes, purely because they think it will entitle them to some sort of reward after death.

The ironic thing is, if you pay taxes, you fund your government. if you fund your government, you fund wars and such. Thus you are an indirect agent of evil.
    If there's a heaven, no-one I know is going there. :dry:

That being said, it works for you. And that's great. Religion brings out the best in some, but the worst in others. But the "good" isn't proportional the the "evil", in mine eyes.

"The ends do not justify the means"
  6. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

genuinely tried the church back in 2000, didnt work
  7. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

Please just remember that the Christian church is something that is valued by many, as are other religions. I know they're not for everyone and that's fine.

Just respect each others beliefs please.
  8. mademecry

mademecry New Member

Organized religion does nothing to save you. It's not doing all the correct things, believing all the right things, staying away from all the wrong things and people, and getting everything just right that saves you. That's not what it's sopose to be all about. It's about actively trying to rely on God when you're going through all those extremely hard times in your life. It's about praying to God, actively searching for Him, and wanting to have a close intimate relationship with Him. It's about wanting with all your heart for God to save you, asking Him to save you, and not holding a grudge when things don't happen right when you want. God works in His own time after all. If you don't want God's help or are angry at Him and aren't asking for His help, why would He give it to you? Look at it this way. If you ask a friend for help with something (or don't ask at all), and then go and talk badly about them and are angry with them, why would they help you? If you say you want their help and then turn around and get mad at them because they're not working as fast as you want, why would they continue to help you? If you ask God for help and then turn around and get mad at Him, why would He want to continue to help you? Nobody wants to help someone who's always mad at them. Doing all the rituals and following all the traditions and everything else does nothing to save you. What saves you is God when you continue to trust Him, search for Him, and try to be patient with Him and His timing. It's an active choice for you to let God help you very gradually in HIS time and not your's. If you don't want to have anything to do with Him, why would He want to have anything to do with you?
  9. DoubledStratum

DoubledStratum Well-Known Member

Because the Christian Muslim and Jewish Gods are all omnibenevolent.
  10. being agnostic myself I believe in the power of belief itself, having a goal, working towards that goal within guide lines.

Thats what makes the church work for some being accepted by fellow church goers, having a healthy moral code, having faith that things will get better.

Still I admire the people who are devoted to their beliefs what ever they may be except for those who do harm to others for the sake of their religion.
  11. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

how the ... do you know that?!

Don't you dare telling anyone that!

Never gonna yhappen. I bet you came here just so you could preach about your religion and try to make everyone a brainless zombie without free will.

I trust this guy will get banned...
  12. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Please do not make assumptions like that, or insult other members.

Everyone has their own beliefs, and everyone needs to remember that. It doesn't mean, just because we may not agree with what they say, that we have to comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
  13. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

*Spikey screams in FRUSTRATION!*
  14. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

*Spikey is also having a bad day*
  15. cheese

cheese Member

I was raised Catholic, still believe in God, and make it to church when I can. Usually if I go I get a pretty good message, and feel a little peace.

That being said, God and my religious beliefs are completely unrelated to my depression. I DO pray regularly, and enjoy my relationship with the Lord, but in over 10 years, that's done nothing to end my wars with myself.

Also, as has been pointed out not all suicides are the product of teens with dark thoughts from angry music. Personally I'm 23 and listen to a variety.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.