Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kushioncut, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

I went to my family dr today due to severe pain in my legs. She gave me 20 vicodins for night time only. Thst doesnt help severe pain in day, and doubting it will help all night. Last pain med she gave me put me to sleep, then woke up an hour later in bad pain.

I am pretty discouraged, thinking about cuttiny my legs or scratching really deep to draw blood to release the pain.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you want something for emotional pain then you need to ask for that Vicodin is a very strong medication hun so if it does not help then you need to tell your doc this
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Pain medications and psych/mood meds are quite different...please speak to your doc if you need your meds adjusted...also, it does take a while to get the right pain med cocktail...there are many choices so again, speak with your doc if this is not working
  4. kushioncut

kushioncut Active Member

The vicodin took the pain away for an hout, now I am wide awake again. Afraid to tell Doc i took over the recomended dose on otc sleeping pills and tylenol and now have pain in my stomach.

I realize it takes time for right med cocktail, but what happens in the meantime?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.