thirteen..spoilerr (kind of)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by simagirl, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

omg just finished watching thirteen.

the end part when her mom starts kissing her cuts, omg i almost screamed. :eek:hmy:

anyone else hate it when people touch your cuts?

2. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I've never had anyone touch mine, but I think ti would depend on a few things. Who the person is, how you feel about your cuts/scars, and the reason for them touching the cuts/scars.

If say, Erin(the girl I like) was to touch my scars during that period where I wasn't cutting (and thus didn't feel so stupid/hurt/angry about them) and she was touching them because she was concerned (she's a cutter, so I doubt it'd fall into physical concern, more emotional), then I wouldn't mind, I'd probably enjoy it.

But if Doc. Roberts (my therapist) was to touch them, now(whilst I have some open ones and bad feelings towards them) and she was touching them because she was concerned (about the physical state, not the emotional one) then I wouldn't like it.

But if anyone touches any open wound on my body for any reason, I tend to feel icky about it, because I can be a germaphobe at times.

I've seen that movie, I thought it was good. ^-^

Have you seen 'Shake Hands with the Devil' ? I watched it in school, and the scene where he cuts himself was so triggering I was ready to cut myself even with the teacher watching... luckily, no knives.

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I really like Thirteen. It's one of my favorite films.

And the part where she kisses her cuts.. I cry every time again. I think it's beautiful.

4. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

i remember the first time my mom saw mine , they were just starting to heal, and she forced my sleeves up even tho i was trying to stop her. i dont think i would mind my therapist looking at them, or even touching them (she nevers asks if she can see them, but if she did, i would be fine with it). shes looking out for my physical and emotional well-being. but anyone else looking or touching them? and kissing them? not a chance. not even my mom.

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Heh, my mom did the same..It was really weird, she was touching them and stuff, not fun, at all..Same with my counselor, I mean, she didn't force my sleeves up, but when she saw she was touching them. It makes me feel really awkward.

6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

No one has ever touched mine. When my mom saw them for the first time she just gave me some nasty look. If she did touch them, or if anyone did for that matter, it'd probably make me really uncomfortable.

7. Ann

Ann Well-Known Member

Only one or two people looked at them but no one touched them, though I wouldn't mind if the person is close from me.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

iv seen that movie, and thought that part was strange too.
    when i did cut myself once, no one touched my cuts, it would have made me very uncomfortable!

9. Canti

Canti Guest

I dont know if i like peiople touching my cuts, its never happened. I cant say id like it but it wouldnt be horrible, just uncomfortable. I touch them alot myself though haha. i tend to keep them open longer its a habit =/

I didnt think much of the film tbh it wasnt great.

10. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

my gf didn't know anything about self harm or anorexia when i met her, she didn't know anything about me really (i can remember meeting her for the first time and just being awestruck at her beauty :laugh: [i was expecting a brown-blonde haired country girl from Bath but i met this woman with these melty eyes who looked like a boy] to the point where i copied all her clothes and i mean her boots they just turned me on :laugh:) but she was the most open (when i mean open i mean a person who just didn't have a clue about self harm and wanted to know me as an individual) kind person around at that time and she kissed and stroked my cuts and said i looked like i tiger and she made me cry just by being her. which is just sweet and honest and not wanting to dominate or change me but her concern you know. without her i wouldn't be here.

11. Canti

Canti Guest

Thats SO the kind of friend i dream about! damnit!

12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

yeah she's wonderful. :smile: i don't let anyone near me so when she did that it was huge. it was as if someone actually saw me for the first time.

13. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

^ That's wonderful G :hug:

14. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

yeah, i touch mine a lot too. for some reason it calms me down if i feel them when im feeling anxious. *shrugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.