This calls for a celebration!!!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Petal, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

After a few months of tapering down off valium (diazepam) have gotten down to 4mg which I just threw out (doctor said I could)as there will be no withdrawal from now on the dose is too low. I am now BENZO FREE. Very little withdrawal was had. I am so happy with myself. I have acccomplished something! Go me! Benzo free for life now AND no anxiety! So proud of myself, didn't think I could do it but I did :) I got from 30mg down to zero :)

Drinks are on me, who wants a glass of bubbly? =)
  2. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Me-I would love to raise a glass with you in honor of your achievement! I would also love to hear you describe how you got yourself to this point in your recovery (if it's not too much trouble). Congratulations! Well done-LT
  3. Petal

Thank you so much @lifetalkz It wasn't easy but with changing how I think is how I got to this point. I am grateful for what I have and not envious of what I do not have. I have made peace with myself. I'm engaging in counselling which is working very well, I am on other medications as well. I have a very supportive family (most of the time :p ) My older sister is my rock! She always says the right things at the right times, she's amazing and she herself is recovering from cancer, I love her with all my heart. Talking to folks on here too plays a big part which is why I am always here, I love helping people even feel slightly better, I love when I am able to brighten up someone else's day, I love to see people improve and talk about their successes (like I have just done), people don't give themselves enough credit for their achievements! Thanks so much for congratulating ne!
    lifetalkz likes this.
  4. outlander

outlander Member

Great news!! That's impressive progress :)
    Petal likes this.
  5. Petal

Thank you so much :)
  6. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Party for @Petal at my house.....who's in??

Congrats sweet. Told you that you amaze me everyday *hug*
    Petal likes this.
  7. Petal

Awww thank you darling, so now we have bubbly and sausage rolls that need heating up ;) someone get some lindt chocolate :)
    na-taya likes this.
  8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Congrats :)
    Petal likes this.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Here you go:

Rockclimbinggirl and Petal like this.
  10. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Huge congrats!!!! Very proud of you
    Petal likes this.
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Awesome news hon! Very proud of you :) Yes, let's have some chocolate and champagne to celebrate :)
    calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  12. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

That's wonderful. Congrats! :)
  13. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

Cpongrats.... proud of you.