This calls for a celebration!!!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Petal, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

After a few months of tapering down off valium (diazepam) have gotten down to 4mg which I just threw out (doctor said I could)as there will be no withdrawal from now on the dose is too low. I am now BENZO FREE. Very little withdrawal was had. I am so happy with myself. I have acccomplished something! Go me! Benzo free for life now AND no anxiety! So proud of myself, didn't think I could do it but I did :) I got from 30mg down to zero :)

Drinks are on me, who wants a glass of bubbly? =)

2. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Me-I would love to raise a glass with you in honor of your achievement! I would also love to hear you describe how you got yourself to this point in your recovery (if it's not too much trouble). Congratulations! Well done-LT

3. Petal

Thank you so much @lifetalkz It wasn't easy but with changing how I think is how I got to this point. I am grateful for what I have and not envious of what I do not have. I have made peace with myself. I'm engaging in counselling which is working very well, I am on other medications as well. I have a very supportive family (most of the time :p ) My older sister is my rock! She always says the right things at the right times, she's amazing and she herself is recovering from cancer, I love her with all my heart. Talking to folks on here too plays a big part which is why I am always here, I love helping people even feel slightly better, I love when I am able to brighten up someone else's day, I love to see people improve and talk about their successes (like I have just done), people don't give themselves enough credit for their achievements! Thanks so much for congratulating ne!

lifetalkz likes this.
  4. outlander

outlander Banned Member

Great news!! That's impressive progress :)

Petal likes this.
  5. Petal

Thank you so much :)

6. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Party for @Petal at my house.....who's in??

Congrats sweet. Told you that you amaze me everyday *hug*

Petal likes this.
  7. Petal

Awww thank you darling, so now we have bubbly and sausage rolls that need heating up ;) someone get some lindt chocolate :)

na-taya likes this.
  8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Congrats :)

Petal likes this.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@Petal
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

Rockclimbinggirl and Petal like this.
  10. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Huge congrats!!!! Very proud of you

Petal likes this.
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Awesome news hon! Very proud of you :) Yes, let's have some chocolate and champagne to celebrate :)

calvinandhobbs and Petal like this.
  12. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

That's wonderful. Congrats! :)

13. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

Cpongrats.... proud of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.