This cannot be life

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by GeekGurl, Jun 21, 2009.

1. GeekGurl

GeekGurl Well-Known Member

It's just not fucking good enough god damnit!!

and what's worse I just cannot imagine any possible situation where it ever would be. I could be flying a helicopter to my private island with the love of my life next to me right now and I still wouldn't be happy.

it all fucking means nothing!

2. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Why not?

3. GeekGurl

GeekGurl Well-Known Member

Because while fun and enjoyable things are great, and do for a short time make me feel good and happy and satisfied, the sad fact is that all they are really ever doing is momentarily distracting me from the truth that life is worthless and without reason.

4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Maybe looking at life as a canvas would help you. If there's no paint on it, then what's the purpose of it, why should it have been built to begin with? However, if it's being worked on, an image will come out representing you, and something will come out of it- you may get praise, you may spark inspiration, it may initiate conversation. If you're open to scrutiny, you will be open to the world.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Geekgurl! why do you feel this way?

6. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way... but I feel similarly. The only purpose I find is making other people happy, because it IS meaningful to them, but life is so fundamentally purposeless, to me personally, that I can hardly enjoy anything... I feel like it means nothing.