This could be the final blow

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by snowraven, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

In the next few days I will probably be losing access to my pc for a while. It's a long story but basically I've been on the sick for the last few months due to my depression. My landlady has just come back from France and because I didn't pay my rent this month due to the housing benefit taking too long to send me money I am being kicked out. Her mood on returning hasn't been helped by the fact that on getting back she had her car robbed with everything she possessed in it(passports, her grandmothers jewellry, keys to the house, laptop with all her bank details, credit cards etc) My position has been made worse by the fact that I'm still owed money from my last job and my new job which I started this month is paid monthly. At New Year I was ready to commit but when it got to it I just couldn't do it. I realized I simply couldn't do that to my daughter or to the friends I know I have. In a way that gave me strength to try to carry on. The new job helped and Finally I thought my life was getting back on track somewhat. Now I'm facing becoming homeless in the next few days and I'm going to be virtually skint until the end of the month. I simply don't know how I'm going to survive. I hopefully have a place I can store most of my belongings which fortunately doesn't amount to much but how I'm going to be able to keep working whilst being homeless I don't really know.
    Life just seems to have been one blow after another for years now ever since I first became depressed due to having access to my daughter denied me (through no fault of my own). I really thought that I was finally starting to turn a bit of a corner at last and now just more shit and more hardship. I will try to get through this somehow but how I'm going to do it I just don't know. To tell the truth I'm really scared that this could be the final blow. If it turns out that way I would like to thank you all for the help and support I have received. There are so many wonderful people here at sf and if I don't make it through this all I can say is sorry. I'm so tired of it all, I've tried to hang on but just f**k things up. Simon. :seeyou: I hope.

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Simon. Don't give up. There's always a reason that things happen to us, be it good or bad. And there'll always be a solution eventually. If you give up now you'll never know what could be. This is really hard, and i know it's scary and you're worried but you can and will get through this. You got to keep working, cos if you don't you won't have money and then you'll be back to square one! You have my phone number, so feel free to get in contact whenever you need me. I'm not giving up on you. And you're not giving up on life

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Thanks Lena. Turns out I've got a few days before I have to be out. Trying to be positive about it. Just a shock when I found this out last night. Guess I panicked a bit but just fed up of shit happening.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm not familiar with the system for tenant-landlord and leases in the UK. Where I am, if there's a lease, the landlord/lady has to give you a specified amount of notice (usually at least a month) before you can be kicked out. Perhaps you have something similar there?

:hug: Thinking of you!

5. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Hang on in there,thinking of you,and as you tell me be strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.