This could help me

Hey, I'm new on this site. I've been feeling completly lost and terrible in need of help. I have been diagnosed with depression for the 3 past years and sadly it's not getting better. I just wanted to know, what helps YOU stay alive? What are you still here for? Could really help me honestly. I'm trying to find my own ways*blue

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Welcome to the forum @depressedmoonlight . Such a beautiful name. I'm sorry that you're feeling lost lately. I think you'll find that people here have various backgrounds but we are all questioning and struggling to stay alive and battle life that can be so difficult.

I hope that this site may bring you some comfort as you work through your depression. What helps me stay alive is a routine, my medicine, knowing that my daughter, son and niece love me (I have 4 children) relationships imperfect. I realize that my time to die is not now bit struggle because I do want to at times. Luckily I've come to terms with some if my past regrets.im here because it helps keep me grounded and I feel less alone. Thanks for asking and again welcome. Please PM me if you ever want to chat. Lane

Jane65

Hey, I'm new on this site. I've been feeling completly lost and terrible in need of help. I have been diagnosed with depression for the 3 past years and sadly it's not getting better. I just wanted to know, what helps YOU stay alive? What are you still here for? Could really help me honestly. I'm trying to find my own ways*blue
I've finally got a mental health diagnosis that seems right and that has eventually led to starting psychotherapy. Some of the time this gives me hope that I can change enough to feel that life is worth living.

Today is really bad so what's keeping me going so far is being in bed... I'm warm and comfy so it would be harder to leave that to do something to myself. My dog gives me a reason to try. He would not be easy to rehome as he has some behavioural problems that he arrived with when I adopted him. Posting here... offering support to others when and where I can helps me to keep going. It helps to keep my focus off myself a little bit. Sometimes posting here and getting support from the people I have got to know. All this helps to keep me going.
Do you want to share some of the things that have helped you to keep going in the past?

I'm thinking about you *hug

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Until this day, what keep me alive are my dreams of building a career and a start-up company. These dreams are fragile as I'm losing my patience, hope and sanity everyday. Maybe they can inspire you in a sense.

If only that damn therapist could have given a clear sense of what I am supposed to fight against mentally. All I know now is that I want to die and a specific plan is emerging.

I'm sorry this sounds depressing. Motivations are either fictional or not found in me anymore.

Welcome to the forum @depressedmoonlight . Such a beautiful name. I'm sorry that you're feeling lost lately. I think you'll find that people here have various backgrounds but we are all questioning and struggling to stay alive and battle life that can be so difficult.

I hope that this site may bring you some comfort as you work through your depression. What helps me stay alive is a routine, my medicine, knowing that my daughter, son and niece love me (I have 4 children) relationships imperfect. I realize that my time to die is not now bit struggle because I do want to at times. Luckily I've come to terms with some if my past regrets.im here because it helps keep me grounded and I feel less alone. Thanks for asking and again welcome. Please PM me if you ever want to chat. Lane
Thank you so much for your reply! This will help a lot. Good luck

I've finally got a mental health diagnosis that seems right and that has eventually led to starting psychotherapy. Some of the time this gives me hope that I can change enough to feel that life is worth living.

Today is really bad so what's keeping me going so far is being in bed... I'm warm and comfy so it would be harder to leave that to do something to myself. My dog gives me a reason to try. He would not be easy to rehome as he has some behavioural problems that he arrived with when I adopted him. Posting here... offering support to others when and where I can helps me to keep going. It helps to keep my focus off myself a little bit. Sometimes posting here and getting support from the people I have got to know. All this helps to keep me going.
Do you want to share some of the things that have helped you to keep going in the past?

I'm thinking about you *hug
Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply, it means a lot. Keep being strong :)

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
"what helps YOU stay alive? What are you still here for?"

That is the ultimate question. I have no children no family really no friends I am 42 I hold on for one thing and I hate to say this but it might not help you but I am trying to learn aging research and if that dont work out then I will give a big middle finger to death.

I have also gave many people on there death beds what they call a good death. That is what hospice and nurses know as the time when you listen to someone on their death bed when they tell their stories and talk to you before they leave this place and you hold on to them until they leave if possible *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00