This dream is bugging me...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by EspenN, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EspenN

EspenN Well-Known Member

I've had the same dream for several years, every night I can think of for the last 6 years it's been the same thing over and over again.

I am walking through a huge city, there are no life there at all ... no life of any kind, but the cars are left on the streets, some have crashed into buildings and other things. There are blood all around, almost in small pools and rivers around on the streets. I walk from the darkness into some kind of red glowing light. Then suddenly all of the buildings collapse, with no reason it seems. People are coming out of the ruins, broken and dead, telling me everything is ... my fault. Then I see something in front of me, some kind of enormeus red snake with a serpents head. It simply looks at me, then opens it's mouth ... showing me something I can never understand what is, and then I simply wake up and don't dream any more that night.

Anyone knows wtf this can be? And why I might dream exactly ... this?
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Does the snake mean anything to you? I don't know much about dream analysis (mostly because I don't believe it can really work for someone who doesn't know you intimately) but if I had your dream I would think:

1. The empty city is a manifestation of my sense of lonliness.
    2. The destruction of the city is a manifestation of my concern and fear over being alone.
    3. I feel guilty in the dream, because while depressed I feel responsible for people not liking me. They reject me and it's my fault. They hate me so much that they'll drive into a wall to get a way from me.

4. The snake is the only thing that will be near me. It's all that's left. And the snake makes me feel_______

But that's just based on how I'd take it.
  3. EspenN

EspenN Well-Known Member

Well yeah ... those things kinda applies to me, except that I have absolutely no connection with snakes at all, they don't have a part in my life and they don't make me feel anything at all. So why is it like that's the essential part of the dream :huh:
  4. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

The snake, from what I have here in my little book, reflects sexual fears. Not sure how that relates to you ^^;
  5. EspenN

EspenN Well-Known Member

I really don't think I have any fears when it comes to sex :tongue:
  6. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

In ancient religions, and to a certain extent in modern cosciousness, snakes represent secret knowledge, the underworld, wisdom, often with the connotation of evil or at least darkness. Eve and the snake for instance, or the Egyptian Apophis or the Midgard serpent. The medical caduceus, even, represents a mythical staff owned by Aesclepius and the serpents would whisper healing knowledge to him. It really depends on how you feel about the snake in the dream. If you're afraid of it, or not afraid, or what. If it were me having that dream, I would think the snake was a mental metaphor, part of my mind trying to tell me something that is either too painful or buried too deep to come up in my waking life. Just a theory.
  7. EspenN

EspenN Well-Known Member

Well, I feel rather curious about it since I never get to see what it actually tries to show me .. always just before I get that far, I wake up and I have no idea why I actually do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.