This forum is just like everyone else

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadguy33, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

You can say all the bad stuff you want to someone feeling depressed but as soon as you stick up for that depressed person its a crime???? This is BS this forum I think promotes suicide based on I can never stick up for the OP and I can't even stick up for myself without someone writing me a message.

2. varek

varek Well-Known Member

I don't know what this is about but from my experience everyone on this forum has been really cool, maybe it was just a misunderstanding.. chill.

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

sorry I didn't mean to say everyone there is a lot of nice people but there are a few people that are trying to say mean stuff to people and no one does anything about it. I just hate someone that is depressed being told that now that he is depressed he has no chance.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am sorry you feel this way. Please feel free to report offensive posts and let the staff with deal with it. Sometimes people can misunderstand each other, especially over the internet so try not to take it to heart too much :hug:

5. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I reported them thats all I can do. Thanks for the help didn't mean to insult you actually nice people. love you guys

6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Some people may come here to cause trouble, sadly that is how life is. However 99% of the members here are very supportive/understanding and will do their very best to help.

If you do come across the 1% of jerks, then just report them right to the staff here, where they will deal with it swiftly.

And I can assure you this forum never has, or ever will support/promote suicide. It's a community just trying to help each other in dark times

:hug: xx

7. BigTomTooToo

BigTomTooToo Well-Known Member

Uh WHA di say?

8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Sorry but I hate to break it to you but nowhere does it say that when a user acts like a total moron that other users can't call them out over their behavior (within reason).
    Better it happens here because at least people on this fourm are trying to help.

9. lycoris

lycoris Well-Known Member

I think I know which posts you mean and I think those people are trying to help in a different way.

For example, falling over each other to give a person hugs and cuddles and tell them they're completely right isn't going to help anything. It will confirm the feeling but it won't solve anything.

The posts I've seen people are trying to be pro-active and give solutions and advice, and then the person doesn't listen or starts saying stupid things and people get offended, frustrated etc and call them out on it.

And where ever you go there will always be someone who isn't going to get on with you or isn't going to see your point.

10. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Judging by your post count, one of the very first things you did upon joining the site was find the most controversial thread you could find, and then without even understanding what was being said, start hurling insults. In case you don't remember, you said that I didn't understand depression, and then implied that I was some sort of sadistic bully who gets off on picking on depressed people-- I can't remember it all, but I think you were actually suggesting that I leave the site and quit 'bothering everyone'. This after less than 5 posts to your name (though I suppose there's probably a good chance that you have another identity on this site). And now you've condemned the entire site as being pro-suicide. Not so sure you're off to such a great start.

It might interest you to know that since joining this site, I've only reported 3 posts-- one was my own after I gave some bad advice upon misreading the original post, the second was a graphic description of a sexual assault that sounded like the guy writing it was getting off on it, and the third one was yours. In almost 2 years of coming here, I've never been so blatantly insulted.

Even the people who were arguing with me, though the discussion wasn't always civil, seemed to at least be trying to prove some kind of point. You just wanted to insult me, then pat yourself on the back for being a great guy who really understands.

So yeah- next time please do report me instead of insulting me... chances are the mods understand the situation better than you do and if the thread is getting heated it's probably being watched anyways. lycoris has already explained what was happening in that thread and it really was mostly constructive advice that sort of dovetailed into a debate over what was the best advice...

11. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

wow your actually reported me HAHAHA some people can dish it but they can't take it. I only reported you after being told that was the best option.
    Of course I was going to insult you after you insulted him. Also I came here because of my own problems then while searching for stuff that related to me I saw you flaming that guy. So yeah my first two posts were about me but the next ones were about you being mean to someone. I don't care if they were irrational and saying crazy stuff you don't treat the OP on a suicide forum like that or you are pro suicide.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
  12. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

constructive advise you told the guy he was never going to get a girlfriend??? How is that advice I don't care you don't tell people that .

13. Speaking of people further depressing others, how about nearly every reply to my post from a couple days ago? Nearly all of them didn't even recognize there was a problem, they completely brushed it off like they don't care how another person feels and they'll just keep on doing what they always do even if it's wrong and makes someone want to kill themselves. The replies might have depressed me even more than the chat room. Sorry but I think something is completely wrong with that.

14. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm pretty sure the issue that the OP originally posted about, has been resolved. So I'm going to close this thread, before it continues its descent into a virtual battleground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.