This is a first.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by ASkylitDrive, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

For the last few days, I resorted to hitting my head. Over and over. Usually with my fists until I go a bit crossed eye. Well I just got done banging my head against the medal of my futon. I've been retrying this entry about five times now, maybe more. My fingers don't function well, my head feels like it weights a ton. My vision is kinda grey. Idk whats wrong.

2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Siunds like concussion hunni, you need to get it checked out

3. ASkylitDrive

how can i get a concussssion wayne? it wasn't that hard.

4. Kaos General

It doesnt need to be hard to get concussion

5. SaidDave

SaidDave Banned Member

is there a bruise or any bleeding? if you get nauseated, you should get to a doctor.

6. ASkylitDrive

i think a bruise or a bump. no bleeding. i think i just got a nasty headache. i got told you have to shake your brain to get a concussion.

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'd get checked out anyway. Avoid falling asleep until then.

8. Kaos General

concussion basically means your brain has swelled which can be caused by anything hitting your head

You need to get it checked out if you have a nasty headache and a bruise/lump

9. ASkylitDrive

is it honestly that bad...i mean i wasn't trying to kill myself. trying to substitute from cutting.

10. Kaos General

It can be hunni

11. ASkylitDrive

thanks guys...idk. honestly. it cant be that bad..im feeling alittl better just tired.
    thanks for the concern, honestly it means alot more lately

12. Kaos General

13. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I've had concussion before and it deffiantly sounds like thats what you have, it doesn't have to be a hard knock to cause a concussion, a suddenly shake of the head can cause one. If you've had these symptoms for a few days now then i would seriously urge you to get it checked out as consussion can cause further complications. If you are reluctant to getting it checked out then maybe try applying some ice to the bruise if you haven't already to reduce the swelling and hopefully reduce your symptoms.

Hope you feel alot better soon :hug:

14. ASkylitDrive

I got some ice yea, and tyenol. thx

15. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

I am worried about you hun.

How is your vision? Do you feel nauseous?
    Do you feel dizzy?

I just want you to be okay. I wish you would get it checked out.

:hug:

16. ASkylitDrive

Visions blurry, i don't feel sick.
    Connie love im fine

17. moko

moko Active Member

the fact that you see gray and can't use your fingers very well clearly indicates that your brain did a ''coup-contre-coup'', AKA your brain moved within the skull, hitting the back (thus, your vision part of the brain) and the front (the ''motor'' part of the brain).
    With these symptoms, I would strongly advise you to go see a doctor. In rare occasions, you can get major swelling in the brain caused by second impact

Here's the Wiki definition of this:

Second-impact syndrome, in which the brain swells dangerously after a minor blow, may occur in very rare cases. The condition may develop in people who receive a second blow days or weeks after an initial concussion, before its symptoms have gone away. No one is certain of the cause of this often fatal complication, but it is commonly thought that the swelling occurs because the brain's arterioles lose the ability to regulate their diameter, causing a loss of control over cerebral blood flow. As the brain swells, intracranial pressure rapidly rises. The brain can herniate, and the brain stem can fail within five minutes. Except in boxing, all cases have occurred in athletes under age 20.

Therefore, try not to bang your head anymore please!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.