This is bs!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whybother?, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

well as u can see from my previous thread i said i was gonna goto the hospital, but before that ive rang my doctor and he gave me stupid advice, then i rang NHS direct, and they told me to make an appointment with the physicatric nurse, so i rang them up and i told them i got a letter from my doctor saying i can make an appointment, and they said they havn't got anything from the doctor but it takes a few days for them ro recieve the info, I was planning on going to the hospital after the fone calls but i wasnt picked up for work so i cant get anywhere . so thats still a few days i dont eat, NO fucking help AT ALL :mad:

My plan of action now, i'll carry on not eating becuz it only makes me ill, soon enough i'll pass out cuz i havn't eaten and be put in hospital where i can get help. Theres no other fucking way of doing it :mad: im sorry to any1 who thought i was actually gonna get sum help etc and put ur minds at rest. i have let u down and i feel bad about it :sad:
  2. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

How come you aren't eating? I hope you get some help soon. We are here for you , you aren't alone. I hope things get worked out so you can get some help asap.

3. whybother?

reason why im not eating is because im always sick after eating, and i have ZERO appetite, i cant even eat a single slice of bread without being sick. only way i can get help is if i end up in hospital. so thats wat i plan on doing
  4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with you. There is a lot of BS going on when it comes to get help either for physical and-or mental issues. One has to arrive to extreme before we are heard and taken care of.

You havent let anyone down hun. It is not your fault but the system. Put your mind at peace on this. Hope they speed up the process to get you the help you need.

best wishes
    granny xx
  5. whybother?

nearly the end of day 2 without eating and sleep, almost fainted cuz my body is so drained, id give it another 2 days and i'll collapse, then sum1 will ring for an ambulance, then i can finally get sum help!!
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey why, please dont feel badly about your situation. Too many of us other members have experienced the same failure of our systems that are supposed to be there to help. It's not your fault and I for one am proud of you for making the effort you did. But hun dont wait til you have to collapse please. Is there anyway possible to get a ride to the ER with a friend or family. If you are at the point of almost fainting etc now, you should really try to get to the hospital now. Once there they will have to admit you until atleast a doc sees you. Good luck and I really hope you get the help you are looking for.
  7. whybother?

half way through day 3 and still havn't eaten a single thing, only surviving on cigs and coffee. been feeling abit woozy and strange but nothing to complain about.

i have no way of getting a lift, the only person i know who can drive is my dad and him and my mum dont actually care wat happens to me, and im not just thinking that, theyve actually told me that!! just a matter of time till i collapse and they have no choice but to put me in hospital, its the only way im gonna get any help :(
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

why not go into A+E? with your symptoms they are bound to see you there instead of ringing up NHS direct and waiting for a referral.

go to A+E. if you can't get a lift, then get an ambulance? say you're feeling too faint to travel and there's no way you can get there on yourself.

is it medication that's causing you not to eat? maybe when you're there you can see the liason nurse if they have one at your A+E. phoning around for referrals can take ages.
  9. whybother?

im not on any medication at all, and it wud be a waste of time calling for an ambulance, if my doctor AND nhs direct wasnt that concerned bout this, then it cant be that bad........YET
  10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Dude. You're going to wait around for a week before eating?

Defo agree with Granny that sometimes you have to arrive at death's doorstep to receive professional attention.

At the same time, someone should remind you of this: The longer you go with no food, the weaker you get--take more responsibility for 'Why' (you) and call that ambulance man.

sry, i just prefer not to coddle u all the way to your grave. You have to make a move, and you can.

11. whybother?

well professionals dont beleive its anything major so no point, im just gonna wait
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

don't listen to them, they haven't assessed you recently and NHS direct is a service over the phone. a doctor last year said i was "fine" and then i was admitted to hospital that very same day. you're ill, you say you can't eat and you're getting weaker and you're fainting. call the ambulance for the doctors and psych team to see you. that's what an ambulance service is there for. starving for a week is dangerous. and waiting until you're at death's door, you don't have to do that. just call the ambulance now, coffee is going to dehydrate you more so just try and stay off that. you're losing water.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

at least you tried getting help, so no matter what you havent let anyone down!
    I dont think you shouldnt eat, but i understand you wanting to get help.
    just remember they're not doing it to be snide, its just "procedure"
    :hug: i hope things pick up :hug:
  14. whybother?

i dont see how this is such a dangerous situation that i have to call for an ambulance, its only been almost 3 days since ive eaten, yes im weak and ive nearly fainted, but im in no real danger rite now, wen things start to get really dangerous like i start to feel dizzy and im fainting, then yes i will get sum1 to ring for an ambulance, cuz if i ring for 1 now and they arrive, i'll feel like a prat wen the medic arrives and asks wats wrong and i say ''i havn't eaten in 3 days'' just seems pointless
  15. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Look, I'm sorry, Why. Nevermind.

Maybe it's because I'm getting BETTER that, after a year of this, I just can't take all the apathy.

That would be a good sign for me but it's no reason to come on a freaking suicide forum and act sarcastic.

Why - I'm really sorry.

That said, I don't know how much longer I can take this place without acting out again. I'm sorry everyone. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  16. whybother?

w/e .....
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

nah if the medic comes, you can say, you can't eat, nobody is helping you, you want to see a psych team and as you can't eat, your body is getting weaker. you've got loads of reasons to call the ambulance at this moment, so you won't sound a prat.

but y'know, it's up to you. if you feel okay then do what you feel best. but i just suggest staying off the coffee when you're not eating. you're draining electrolytes/water. that effects the heart.
  18. whybother?

ok i'll take ur advice and stay off the coffee, i'll stick to cold drinks
  19. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I quite enjoy starving myself. A feeling of self control. But you do get the drawbacks. Blurred vision, sickness,dizzyness, no concentration, brown piss, shaky hands,poor sleep,no energy,grumpy.............
    All and all not too bad!!!!:laugh:
  20. whybother?

atm i have sickness,dizzyness, no concentration,,poor sleep,no energy and very very grumpy

nearly the end of day 3 without food, feeling like crap tbh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.