This is going to sound stupid but

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pad, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I have been playing an online game for 2 years now, and have made many friends (and enemies) on there. It's an online rpg which has guilds that always fight against each other. I used to find that it was the only thing to keep my mind off how I felt, but today I have quit it. They have this thing every saturday morning called the Greatest Guild War, where guilds can sign up to all war against each other for an hour, and score points for destroying stones, killing other players etc. I have noticed that recently there have been a few players hacking the game so that they can run 10x the speed of everyone else, hit you from the other side of the screen, walk through walls, respawn straight away after being killed and so on. It wasn't so bad when one or two people used to do it because you knew who they were and how to deal with them, but today pretty much everyone was hacking. It seems like its very easy to do and the game manager doesn't even care about stopping it. It makes the time i've spent on the game getting to one of the highest lvls and strongest characters useless as anyone can kill anyone from anywhere. I have had to say good bye to my friends on there because the game really is pointless now and as stupid as this sounds, it has made me feel really depressed. It's one thing I used to look forward to and now what will I do on a saturday?

What a way to waste 2 years of my life

sorry, i just needed to get this out

2. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

I dont think it sounds stupid at all.
    I recently had to stop posting on a forum I loved...it left a gaping hole.x

3. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

what did you do with that hole? i find myself thinking a lot today, and i
    don't think thinking helps me

4. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

I set out to find somewhere else to go online-its not the same-but it could be a good enough distraction.x