This is how helpful people are to suicidal thought sufferers

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by saved6036, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saved6036

saved6036 New Member

I'm Dylan i want to kill myself because i'm terrified of having to go through loved ones dying, i don't know why i'm like this but it terrifies me. All i wanted was some advice. I asked around some sites for advice because i am really depressed and want to kill myself, and this is what some sick son of a b*tch told me:
    "Listen, if you were really suicidal, you wouldn't go posting it online... That's the first thing, and the second, I bet you're fishing for attention. I have seen many of YOUR kind, and its not right, there are people that really want to endanger themselves simply because they despise themselves. If you truly were like this, you'd talk to a therapist. Not to random people online seeking attention... Learn how to fish for it, not just do what every other kid does... I know this from some people that did this just like you. Please, learn your lesson." Sick f*ckers like him are the reason I want to kill myself.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Dylan, I'm glad you joined.

There are a LOT of people out there who don't understand what it must feel like to be at the point of wanting your life to end. They assume the person is just attention-seeking.

There's nothing wrong with you posting how you feel online. Your fear of loved ones dying... do you know if something triggered it, or have you felt this way for a while?
  3. Theowin

Theowin Active Member

I fear the same thing, not quite to the extent you do but I understand what you mean. The fact the someone reacted like that is horrible and I'm sorry you had to endure it. If you need to talk I'd love to listen.
  4. Luie

Luie Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, human trash has access to the internet. I'm diagnosing this person as clinically moronic. Not only are they not very bright, they're also a terrible example of a real human. I haven't seen this sort of person on this site, so you'll probably have a much better time here. I won't get into all the wrong in that quote, but do note that effective therapy is entirely dependent on the skill of the therapist, and since those good ones are rare, I along with many people find more value in utilizing the internet as a place to talk. As far as your stress, I think I read somewhere about your specific kind of issue. And yes, it's just as real. My advice is to go do some research about it and see if you can find anything helpful. I know I saw something about it before.
  5. raindrops

raindrops New Member

I'm sorry you had to receive that message.
    There are so many douchebags out there.
    They obviously don't understand how you feel and what it's like to be in your situation.
    Well done for having the courage to talk about how you feel.
  6. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately most people don't know or can't understand. I'm not sure what exactly you are going through, but for me my mental problems are beyond my control. It's just so hard for me to understand how so many people think that it's always the persons fault or they're suicidal because of something external that can get better. It really frustrates me, but that's just the way that most people who have never had to suffer mentally think.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sometimes we need to grow a thick skin when it comes to other people. There are plenty of people in real life that will tell that in your face if not hurling insults behind a screen online where more people are inclined to say their opinion Anyways.

We cannot control others thoughts or actions. We can learn from ourselves how we handle hurtful comments by others and not let it under our skin.

Dude might have been harsh but hes a common joe in his way of thinking. Most people dont understand or get it. We do understand here because we get how hard it is.

Friends/family can be more hurtful than complete strangers being insensitive or ingorant. Thinking we can just snap out of it.

Ingore that guy online if you can just dont acknowledge it in some sense he gets warped sense of satisfaction.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Dylan, I am glad you signed up here 'cos no one here will talk to you in that manner because we understand. Not many people understand but here, we do so please try and ignore that person, they shouldn't have even replied to you since they have no idea what they're talking about.

You are very welcome here, I hope it goes well for you here :)
  9. Tjh

Tjh Active Member

Don't listen to that idiot, mate. Most people don't understand mental illness which makes it so much harder for us that suffer from it.
    Hoping you feel better soon..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.